Assistance is available through NAU’s Kitt School of Music
Scholarships are a great way to finance your education, and the Kitt School of Music has plenty of them for you to explore.
Music scholarships are offered in several areas
New student tuition scholarships Accordion Closed
Tuition scholarships—a waiver of tuition fees—are available for freshmen and transfer students in the following areas:
- piano accompanying
Awards for new students are based on the quality of your audition and your financial aid eligibility.
How to apply
You are automatically considered for a tuition award based on the results of your audition.
**All awarded scholarships are applied to student financial aid accounts after July 1st.
Continuing student scholarships Accordion Closed
If you are a continuing music student*, these scholarships may be available to you. Follow the links for information on eligibility and how to apply.
All scholarship applications must be accompanied by an essay describing your:
- financial aid and scholarship awards for the previous academic year (include amounts)
- ensemble participation
- student organization membership
- leadership activities
- statement of financial need
* Note: these scholarships are for continuing students only; incoming freshmen are not eligible for this type of scholarship.
Community program scholarships Accordion Closed
Catharine B. Adel private music lesson scholarship
If you are in middle school or high school, this scholarship affords you to sharpen your skills by taking private lessons through the NAU Community Music and Dance Academy.
To qualify you must:
- be an instrumental, piano, or vocal applicant
- be in grades 6-12
- be enrolled in a middle or high school band, orchestra, or choral program—or study piano privately with a professional teacher
- demonstrate a desire for music growth and a strong work ethic
- show documented financial need
Scholarships recipients must:
- contribute $100 toward the cost of lessons—the scholarship will cover the rest
- write a letter of thanks to the Director of the Kitt School of Music, Dr. Todd Sullivan
Learn more about scholarships available through the Community Music and Dance Academy.
Visit the Office of Financial Aid for more information on ways to finance your education.