Contact Center for Science Teaching and Learning
If you have questions or would like to support our efforts please contact us.
Visit the Center for Science Teaching and Learning
The Center invites applications for visiting scholar positions. This opportunity provides a platform for scholars to conduct cutting-edge research in STEM education while working closely with educators and students at the K-12 and post-secondary levels. The Center’s mission is to advance the fields of STEM education through collaboration, innovation, and impact. Visiting scholars will have the chance to design and implement research projects that address the most pressing issues in STEM education and contribute to the development of effective teaching practices.
Visiting Scholars are non-compensated faculty members from another institution who spend a limited period at NAU for purposes of collaboration or research. The request for an appointment is reviewed by the faculty of the Center and recommended by the Co-Director to the Dean who recommends to the Provost. Since the visiting scholar appointment is a non-compensated position, a visiting scholar faculty member must be employed at their home institution. Visiting scholars are appointed for a maximum of one year.
- Benefits/Privileges: Visiting Scholars are entitled to the following optional services that must be initiated by the faculty member after receiving a letter of appointment from the Provost.
- Email – to obtain an email account, call Information Technology Services at 928-523-1511 or toll free at 888-520- 7215 and request a userid and password. ITS will ask for name and social security number to verify identity.
- JacksCard – a picture ID may be obtained at the JacksCard office for a fee. Hours vary so check the web address http://nau.edu/jackscard/ or call the office at 928-523-1905.
- Parking – an affiliate parking permit may be purchased at Parking Services, 928-523-6623, http://nau.edu/parking-shuttle-services/
- Library – Cline Library offers faculty check out periods; document delivery services; use of reserve services for courses and support from the Library’s academic programs staff. A picture ID is required to check out materials from the library. All other services are available from the Library’s web site: http://library.nau.edu/, 928-523-2173.
Are you a scholar interested in visiting the Center? Please contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org) to begin a conversation!
See NAU’s Adjunct and Visiting Scholar Faculty Appointment policy.