Contact Center for Science Teaching and Learning
If you have questions or would like to support our efforts please contact us.
The Center for Science Teaching and Learning (CSTL) is organized into two collaborative teams.
The faculty team consists of core and affiliated faculty members from across NAU. Core faculty members provide leadership in their areas of expertise and are formally associated with the Center. Our core faculty members are:
- Jennifer Blaney, Ph.D. (STEM higher education)
- Marti Canipe, Ph.D. (elementary science education, elementary teacher education)
- Ron Gray, Ph.D. (CSTL Co-Director) (secondary science education, secondary science teacher education, post-secondary science education)
- Shannon Guerrero, Ph.D. (secondary mathematics education, secondary mathematics teacher education)
- Sam Severance, Ph.D. (secondary science education, research practice partnerships)
- Robin Tuchscherer, Ph.D. (post-secondary engineering education)
The faculty team also includes affiliated faculty from across NAU’s campus as well as postdoctoral scholars and graduate students serving on our grant-funded projects.
Professional Learning Team
Our professional learning team includes:
- Anne Hamlin (culturally responsive education, robotics education, engineering education)
- Kenric Kesler (teacher professional learning & development, integrated STEM education, induction)
- Joëlle LeMer (CSTL Co-Director) (culturally responsive curriculum, science education, engineering education, educator professional learning and development, anthropology education)
- Danielle Linthicum (informal education, sustainability education)
- Lori Rubino-Hare (geospatial education, culturally responsive curriculum, teacher professional learning and development)
- Sean Ryan (community food, energy and water education, robotics, citizen science)
Other Members of the Center
Our teams are supported by:
- Lillie Giffen (Financial Oversight Analyst, Senior)
- Carrie Dunham (Instructional Laboratory Coordinator)