Mission and Vision
The Center for Science Teaching and Learning provides scholarship, services, and leadership in Arizona and nationwide in teaching, research, evaluation, and curriculum for:
- students, faculty, and staff across the Northern Arizona University campus
- K-20 science teachers
- informal educators and organizations, such as museum and arboretum staff, park services, etc.
- the STEM education scholarly community
The CSTL seeks to be an international leader in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) education by:
- Developing and continuing a rigorous Research and Evaluation agenda in Science/STEM Education;
- Offering Continuing Professional Learning opportunities including induction support, professional development, in Science/STEM Education;
- Offering programs for School-wide Leadership and Capacity Building in STEM Education; and
- Providing partnership with and leadership in local, state, national and international organizations and initiatives for continual advancement and improvement of science/STEM Education.