Contact Center for Science Teaching and Learning
If you have questions or would like to support our efforts please contact us.
Mission and Vision
The Center for Science Teaching and Learning provides scholarship, services, and leadership in Arizona and nationwide in teaching, research, and curriculum for:
- students, faculty, and staff across the Northern Arizona University campus
- K-20 science teachers
- informal educators and organizations, such as museum and arboretum staff, park services, etc.
- the STEM education scholarly community
Our mission is to have a deep and lasting impact on science education and educators in Arizona and beyond through high-impact research, innovative STEM partnerships, programs, and services.
The CSTL seeks to be an international leader in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) education by:
- Developing and continuing a rigorous research agenda in STEM Education;
- Offering Continuing Professional Learning opportunities including induction support, professional development, in STEM Education;
- Offering programs for School-wide Leadership and Capacity Building in STEM Education; and
- Providing partnership with and leadership in local, state, national and international organizations and initiatives for continual advancement and improvement of STEM Education.