The New CEFNS Charter
CEFNS will demonstrate leadership in the development, implementation, and delivery of educational and research opportunities.
CEFNS will create an environment that supports and enables impactful change across all academic pursuits.
CEFNS is committed to empowering a diverse community of learning.
Inspiring excellence Accordion Closed
CEFNS’s approach to academic success will foster an inspiring environment that is meaningful, purpose driven, and will connect all students to opportunities related to research and discovery, learning, global engagement, and a sense of community.
1) CEFNS will offer exploratory research experiences in unique geographical locations and state-of-the-art spaces that address and meet the pressing needs of the community and society.
2) CEFNS will engage students with teaching practices across distinctive landscapes, communities, and instructional venues that equip them to be the next generation of leaders.
3) CEFNS will demonstrate sustainable values, by being a steward of landscapes, humanity, and education in a globalized world.
4) CEFNS will create a community of engaged learners than span across disciplines and is welcoming to all societal perspectives.
Inclusive engagement Accordion Closed
CEFNS will welcome faculty, staff, and students from all racial, ethnic, cultural, socioeconomic backgrounds, national origins, disabilities, ages, veteran status, religious or political beliefs, sexual orientation, gender identities, and expressions, as well as diverse lived experiences.
1) CEFNS will support faculty and staff in their initiatives and endeavors by cultivating collegiality, recognizing achievements, and encouraging the application and development of their diverse skills.
2) CEFNS will create a unified learning environment supportive of all students with attentive faculty and staff, academic support systems, and adaptive educational resources.
Innovative distinction Accordion Closed
Using applied scientific knowledge and unique learning labs, CEFNS will bring novel concepts to fruition, will cultivate creativity, and will fulfill student expectations.
1) CEFNS will generate revolutionary ideas, incorporating technology that addresses, local, state, and global concerns.
2) CEFNS will foster analytical, critical, and creative Undergraduate and Graduate Research.
3) CEFNS will create an educational environment of involved learners through culturally responsive pedagogy, using differentiated instructional methods based on experiential, adaptive, active, and authentic styles of learning.
Impactful opportunities Accordion Closed
CEFNS will prepare graduates to be competitive in both career and academic pursuits in a connected and interdependent world, mindful of humanity, landscapes, and people.
1) CEFNS will foster an appreciation of continuous and self-motivated learning by utilizing exploratory activities and internships in order to prepare students for careers and additional degrees.
2) CEFNS will demonstrate commitment to meaningful service by embodying the values of environmental stewardship, community involvement, and scientific literacy.
3) CEFNS will create a culture promoting comprehensive and multinational research.
4) CEFNS will deliver foundational teaching by establishing a framework that supports future academic growth, and by strengthening the skills that allow student advancement into diverse areas of STEM and society.