Your generosity helps our students succeed
When you give to Northern Arizona University and The College of Engineering, Forestry, and Natural Sciences, you contribute to something greater than yourself. With your support, we are able to help enrich the education of students at NAU in many ways:
- provide financial assistance to deserving students
- maintain student-centered learning environments that challenge young minds
- conduct meaningful research
- attract and retain high quality faculty
Options available for giving
Online contributions (including scholarships, awards and funds) Accordion Closed
Your gift creates opportunities in every direction. Give now.
Wire transfer Accordion Closed
NAU can receive your generous gift via wire transfer, domestic or international.
Stock transfer Accordion Closed
NAU can receive your generous gift via stock and security transfer. Additional information for your broker.
Direct pledge Accordion Closed
NAU can receive your generous gift via direct pledge, where you can specify where you would like your gift to be utilized. Send all printed and completed forms to:
P.O. Box 4094
Flagstaff, AZ 86011-4094
NAU employee giving options Accordion Closed
NAU fund Accordion Closed
Learn how giving through the NAU Fund makes a difference to students, faculty, and programs.
Gift planning Accordion Closed
Matching gifts Accordion Closed
Many businesses have giving programs where the employer will match their employees’ charitable giving in whole or in part. In some cases, employers will also match gifts from spouses, directors, and retired employees. Please contact your employer’s human resources department to learn if your company will match your gift.
Online bill pay through your bank Accordion Closed
Most banks offer a fast, convenient way to make recurring or one-time online gift payments. Using your bank’s online bill payment option, you can make a payment to any organization, including the Northern Arizona University Foundation, that you would normally pay by check. Please visit your bank’s online bill pay webpage if you would like to use this option. For more information, please email us.
Give your time Accordion Closed
Opportunities abound to make a personal impact on the lives of our engineering and science students through the gift of your time.
Mentor current Northern Arizona University students by making yourself available to give tips on academics, careers, and life after college.
Provide a peek into the world beyond academia
Plan tours and educational support at your place of business for our students. What does an engineer or a scientist or a doctor really do? Show current students how coursework relates to the real world.
Contact prospective students via telephone or e-mail. The goal is to connect our alumni with admitted students, providing incoming students with a full picture of technical and scientific studies at our university.
Host a recruiting activity in your hometown. Speak about your career and your experiences and help current and prospective engineering students learn more about the university and its science and engineering profession.
Serve on the College of Engineering, Forestry, and Natural Sciences Leadership Council.
For more information on any of these volunteer opportunities, contact the CEFNS Director of Development at (928) 523-8765.
Frequently asked questions Accordion Closed
- Why does Northern Arizona University need donations?
- State funding, tuition, and fees do not cover the total cost of what it takes to provide a university education each year. Generosity from donors supports every facet of the student experience at Northern Arizona University. Your support opens doors for students to attend the university at a reasonable tuition rate and increases scholarships. Your generosity helps NAU attract and retain outstanding professors who cultivate student potential and provide a myriad of programs and research opportunities that allow Northern Arizona University to offer an exceptional education. Our donors help the university grow as an unparalleled institution of higher education.
- Where do my donations go?
- Your contributions to Northern Arizona University are designated according to your wishes and directly benefit the areas you choose. You can designate your gift to more than one area. Simply note your preference on the gift form and how much you want to give to each area. It’s your gift-your choice.
- Can I designate my gift to more than one area?
- Of course. Clearly note on the gift form how much you want to give to each area, and we’ll take it from there.
- Is my gift tax deductible?
- Once we receive your gift, you will receive a receipt verifying that your gift has been deposited into the account you have specified. For further information on tax matters, we recommend that you speak with your accountant.
- Can I make a gift jointly with my spouse?
- Yes. Indicate on the gift form that your gift is made jointly.
- Can I make an anonymous gift?
- Yes. Simply note your preference on the online or print gift form.