Welcome to the College of Education
Whether you want to be a teacher, counselor,
school psychologist, or school leader, one thing is certain: you are passionate
about inspiring others. At Northern Arizona University, we’ll prepare you to be
a leader in education—so you can make a difference for the rest of your life.
Northern Arizona University has long been
recognized as a leader in education, in Arizona and beyond. We offer undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs that blend the best
of past successes and modern innovations in teaching, and allow you to work
closely with our accomplished education faculty.
If you want nothing less than excellence
in your educator-preparation schooling, we welcome and invite you to learn more about the College of Education and what it can offer you.
Research Our Programs by Academic Level
News and Events Archive
We develop educational leaders who create tomorrow’s opportunities.
Our mission is to prepare competent and committed professionals who will make positive differences for children, young adults, and others in schools.
NAU Professional Education Programs
NAU's Professional Education Programs consist of undergraduate and graduate programs across four colleges that prepare teachers and school administrators, counselors, psychologists, and speech therapists. Our professional education programs were the first of public and private professional education preparation programs in Arizona to receive NCATE accreditation.
College of Education Points of Pride
In 2014, Diverse Issues in Higher Education ranks Northern Arizona University’s College of Education as a Top Degree Producer:
- 3rd in the nation for most bachelor’s degrees for students of two or more races.
- 3rd in the nation for most master’s degrees for Native Americans.
- 7th in the nation for most master’s degrees for Hispanics.
- 8th in the nation for most bachelor’s degrees for Hispanics.
- 8th in the nation for most bachelor’s degrees for Native Americans.
- 12th in the nation for most master’s degrees for students of two or more races.