Department of Educational Leadership at NAU
Educational leaders creating tomorrow’s opportunities
Northern Arizona University’s Department of Educational Leadership offers:
- undergraduate and graduate courses in Educational Foundations – these serve pre-service and in-service educators and individuals interested in examining schools as sociocultural institutions
- graduate degree programs in Educational Leadership at both the master’s and doctoral levels
- non-degree certification programs leading to state certification as a supervisor, principal, or superintendent in public schools
In-state tuition for certain out-of-state students
Several Educational Leadership degree programs are now part of the Western Regional Graduate Program (WRGP).
Through the WRGP, funding is available for certain out-of-state students to earn their degree at in-state tuition rates. Find out which Educational Leadership programs qualify.
Non-resident professional licensure information
If you are not a resident of Arizona, and you are taking an online course or program leading to professional licensure, NAU cannot confirm whether the course or program meets requirements for professional licensure in your state. Please check with the appropriate licensing board in your state to determine whether the course or program meets requirements for licensure in your state.
Benefits of our programs
- the first and only university in Arizona with NCATE accreditation
- convenience, ease, and flexibility of course delivery
- high pass rates that lead to successful careers
- issuance of an institutional recommendation upon completion of a certification program
- professors that are practicing school leaders
- rigorous program that combines theory and practice