Master of Music: Composition
Students completing this sub plan will:
- demonstrate substantial knowledge of post-World War II music
- develop a proficiency in analyzing tonal and post-tonal music
- acquire and display a knowledge of music theory pedagogy
- acquire and demonstrate knowledge of scholarly publications in music theory and composition
- develop and produce advanced analytical writing skills
Apply to the Graduate College
In addition to materials requested on the on-line application, prospective Composition students are required to send a composition portfolio. Detailed instructions for the additional materials are included in the online application. Please begin the application process and contact the Area Coordinator for your specific sub-plan if you have questions.
Information on Master of Music academic plans may be found on the Graduate College website (click here to view).
The NAU academic catalog is the official, authoritative source for all academic requirements and policies. Any discrepancies in curricular requirements from other sources will default to the catalog as the official, authoritative source.
If you need additional help, you may email the School of Music Graduate program (click here.)