Contact usLaboratory for Applied Social Research Department of Sociology Box 15300 Flagstaff, AZ 86011 LASR@nau.edu
Laboratory for Applied Social Research (LASR)
The Laboratory for Applied Social Research in the Department of Sociology at Northern Arizona University strives to provide high-quality social research services to partners and clients inside the university and out, to develop opportunities for undergraduate and graduate students to gain experience in working on applied research projects, and to serve university and local community members as a resource in support of social research activities.
LASR offers a range of research services to clients, including survey design and implementation, focus groups, program evaluation, data analysis, and data management.
- Northern Arizona Council of Governments Community Needs Assessment (2020)
- Native Americans for Community Action (NACA) Youth Suicide Prevention Program Evaluation (2015-2019)
- Flagstaff Family Food Center Diner Survey (2018)
- Coconino County Community Needs Assessment (2017)
- Point-in-Time Homeless Count (2015, 2014)
- Coconino County Community & Family Vitality Survey (2014)
- Children’s Reading Room Survey Data Analysis, Flagstaff Family Food Center (Fall 2014)
- NAU Alumni Experience Survey (2013)Flagstaff Family Food Center, Client Satisfaction Survey (2012)
- Flagstaff Project Connect Exit Interview Survey Analysis (2012)
- NAU Survey of Students’ Athletic Interests and Abilities (2010)
- Flagstaff 2012 Regional Plan Community Values Survey (2010)
James Bowie, PhD
Coordinator, Laboratory for Applied Social Research
Principal Lecturer, Sociology
Natalie Cawood, PhD, MSW
Chair and Associate Professor, Social Work
To contact the LASR team regarding a potential project, please fill out the form below.