Bachelor of University Studies (BUS)
Create a degree to match your ambitions
The Bachelor of University Studies (BUS) program brings together students who want a unique experience that differs from traditional majors. Our students think outside the box and build a program of study that fits their aspirations and career goals. BUS allows you to develop the skills, structure, and personalization you need to complete your degree and launch your ambitions.
- Interdisciplinary: Combine minors to create your unique degree plan
- Practical: Graduate on time by making the most of all your credits
- Flexible: Utilize online, in-person, transfer, and/or certificate credits
BUS is a tailored undergraduate degree that allows students to pair two minors to complete this major. BUS provides the option to individually design one of these required minors or substitute an undergraduate certificate for a minor. Students also take two core courses in interdisciplinary writing, capstone, and/or internship. The BUS degree is available to NAU students regardless of discipline and provides flexibility for distance, online, and non-traditional students.
Talk to an SBS advisor today to become one of our BUS students!
Already enrolled in BUS and looking to create an individualized minor? Click here to apply for your individualized minor.
- Students who have declared BUS may opt to apply for an Individualized Minor: a minor of your creation with specialization in a particular field and distinction from other already-existing NAU minors. Prior to applying, students take the following steps:
- Contact your academic advisor to understand credit requirements and compile relevant courses.
- Ensure proposal doesn’t overlap more than 6 credits with other existing minors at NAU.
- Gather course descriptions from the academic catalog (your advisor can help).
- Prepare responses to the questions on the IM proposal form. Answers have a limit of 750 characters (not words).
- Proposals take 3-4 weeks for successful acceptance. You receive an initial response within 7-10 days. If edits or changes are needed, you receive an email detailing those and describing how to re-submit.