The internship proposal should include:
- An overview describing the agency of site, its background, what it does, and who your supervisor will be.
- A description of your role and responsibilities for the organization. This will be aligned with the needs of the agency as expressed by your supervisor and their policies.
- A narrative of your goals and objectives for the internship experience.
- A strategic plan and timeline for completing the internship.
- A literature review describing how the internship connects with specific sociological literature. You should outline the theoretical and substantive areas you plan to examine. Display a familiarity with the literature and highlight key themes and concepts that you feel will help you evaluate, assess, or research the particular organization.
- A description of what type of manuscript you aim to write at the end, including what kind of sociological analysis you intend to bring to the project.
- The proposal needs to be approved by your chair, and then read and signed by the committee.