Family acceptance is a crucial component of healthy development during adolescence,… Read more
Building better opportunities for American Indian/Alaska Natives with Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias
More than 6 million individuals in the U.S. live with Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias (ADRD), which is projected to increase to more than 15 million by 2060.
Approximately 35% of American Indians and Alaska Natives… Read more
Check out the CHER/SHERC March 2023 newsletter.
Includes features on:
- CDC awards $6 million to Arizona Tribal Community Health Representative Programs
- Forest Lake: MPH program partners with Navajo community through service-learning
- Student Spotlight: Melinda Smith
- Community partner highlight: The Crow Tribe
- CEAL team assists CHWs during pandemic
- ABRC workshop explores developing a diverse rural healthcare… Read more
Bringing leaders from across Arizona to assist with health equity research, mentoring and expertise
For the Southwest Health Equity Research Collaborative (SHERC), having an active group of collaborative, statewide leaders as part of their team is an integral ingredient to the initiative’s successful Community Expert Board.
SHERC assembled a broad spectrum of geographically diverse, multisectoral… Read more