Southwest Health Equity Research Collaborative (SHERC)
Acknowledging SHERC Grant Support in Papers and Presentations
As an NAU-SHERC affiliated researcher, you should cite the NIMHD center grant in all publications and presentations. They must include an acknowledgement of NIH grant support and a disclaimer as follows:
Example 1: This research was supported in part by an NIMHD center grant to the Southwest Health Equity Research Collaborative at Northern Arizona University (U54MD012388).
Example 2: The authors gratefully acknowledge use of the services and facilities of the Southwest Health Equity Research Collaborative at Northern Arizona University (U54MD012388).
Additionally, if you received pilot funding from the NAU-SHERC and those funds were used in the work reported in a publication, include the NAU-SHERC grant number in your acknowledgements section.
Example: This research received funding from the Southwest Health Equity Research Collaborative at Northern Arizona University (U54MD012388), which is sponsored by the National Institute on Minority Health and Health Disparities (NIMHD).
It is important for each SHERC-related publication to have a PubMed Central reference (PMCID) number for reporting purposes. For instructions to obtain a PMCID number, see this link:
When to Acknowledge Grant Support
If you have received any of the following types of support from the NAU-SHERC, please acknowledge the salient grant in your published or presented work.
- Funding for a SHERC Pilot grant
- Funding for salary/wages for faculty, students and research staff
- Start-up funding for new faculty
- SHERC equipment use (see the webpage: https://nau.edu/sherc/equipment-directory/ for specific language on how to cite each piece of SHERC funded equipment)
- Technical support (hardware, software, program applications, ADAMS, etc.)
- RIC consultation services (proposal development, research methods, laboratory management, data management, or other technical aspects of research)
- Manuscript preparation (if used for SHERC manuscript writing workshop, or received help from SHERC personnel)