Studying abroad is a powerful learning experience for NAU’s PIA students
Immerse yourself in the culture of a foreign country and come to appreciate all it has to offer. Northern Arizona University offers study abroad opportunities for students earning degrees in Political Sciences and International Affairs, for those interested in this experience.
During your time in a foreign country, you will gain:
- a wider, more informed viewpoint
- new coping skills
- appeal to potential employers
- career preparation
- foreign language skills
Become a global citizen with the Center for International Education (CIE)
The CIE is a resource for students wishing to study for a semester or year abroad and acts as a support for:
- service learning
Many Northern Arizona University students go abroad every year, and we want you to have the opportunity to take advantage of this unique experience. CIE has various study abroad information sessions throughout the semester. In addition, study abroad advisers are available to help you with the entire process of studying abroad, including:
- application procedures
- paying fees
- recommending courses
- helping you get housing abroad
- obtaining a passport
- transferring the courses back to Northern Arizona University
Come in to the CIE and meet with a study abroad adviser – no appointment is needed.
Advantages of a Northern Arizona University-approved program
When you study abroad in a CIE program:
- you pay Northern Arizona University tuition for Northern Arizona University programs
- you can take your scholarships and tuition waivers with you
- your billing is done by Northern Arizona University
- all majors are welcome
- your courses will count towards your GPA and degree
- you can complete all study abroad forms here with help from an adviser
- you don’t have to go alone – it’s very likely another student will be going to the same program, or you can sign up with friends even if they’re not Northern Arizona University students
University Study Abroad Consortium
USAC offers study abroad opportunities in 26 different countries. The program emphasizes classroom learning, internships, and language study.
International Student Exchange Program
Travel abroad through university exchanges offered by ISEP.