- Rhonda Allen, PhD
- Sean Gregory, PhD
- Eric Otenyo, PhD, MPA Program Advisor
- Carie Steele, PhD
- Minzi Su, PhD
- Alan Wood, PhD
- Stephen, Wright PhD
- Zachary Smith, PhD
Find a full listing in the directory.
NAU’s Master of Public Administration
Learn skills to advance your career
Northern Arizona University’s Master of Public Administration program prepares you for leadership careers in the public and not-for-profit sectors. This program is available online, offering flexibility whether you are a continuing student or already working in public service. Through curriculum developed by our dedicated faculty, you will gain a deeper understanding of human resource administration, public budgeting, ethics, and public management and organization. Faculty will guide you towards independent and research opportunities in your area of interest to help you transition to the public administration field or move up the civic service career ladder.
Degree completion Accordion Closed
- 60% of students complete the Masters of Public Administration within 2 years.
- 65% of students complete the Masters of Public Administration within 5 years.
Internship/employment opportunities Accordion Closed
During their capstone course, 100% of students either secure an internship or are employed in the public or nonprofit sector.
Recent internship placements include:
- Coconino County
- City of Flagstaff
- Arizona State Parks
- Office of Navajo Government Development
- The Sonoran Institute
- ToLani Lake Enterprises
Recent job placements and continuations include:
- City of Flagstaff, AZ
- City of Glendale, AZ
- Coconino County
- Northern Arizona University
- Arizona State University, International Programs
- Arizona State University, Operations
- University of Texas- Austin, Center for Skills & Experience Flags
- Maastricht University, Netherlands, Research Officer
- Arizona House Democrats
- Health Choice Integrated Care
- Sarasota County, FL
- Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System