NAU’s Master of Public Administration
Catapult your Public Service Career
Northern Arizona University’s Master of Public Administration (MPA) NASPAA accredited program prepares you for leadership careers in the public and nonprofit administration. This program is available online, offering flexibility whether you are a continuing student or already working in public service. Our curriculum has been developed by our dedicated faculty, offering a deeper understanding of human resource management, public budgeting, ethics, public policy, policy analysis, organization behavior, and performance management, to name a few. We also offer a fully online graduate certificate in public administration (12 total credits). With successful completion of the certificate, all credits can be transferred towards the completion of the MPA degree.
Note to current undergraduate students majoring in Public Administration: You may be eligible to pursue the Accelerated Bachelor’s to Master’s Program reducing the 36-unit MPA course requirements by up to 12 units.
Degree completion Accordion Closed
- 60% of students complete the Masters of Public Administration within 2 years.
- 65% of students complete the Masters of Public Administration within 5 years.
Commitment to Diversity Accordion Closed
The NAU MPA Program is committed to understanding diversity and taking steps to make inclusion a priority.
Internship/employment opportunities Accordion Closed
During their capstone course, 100% of students either secure an internship or are employed in the public or nonprofit sector.
Recent internship placements include:
- Coconino County
- City of Flagstaff
- Arizona State Parks
- Office of Navajo Government Development
- The Sonoran Institute
- ToLani Lake Enterprises
Recent job placements and continuations include:
- City of Flagstaff, AZ
- City of Glendale, AZ
- Coconino County
- Northern Arizona University
- Arizona State University, International Programs
- Arizona State University, Operations
- University of Texas- Austin, Center for Skills & Experience Flags
- Maastricht University, Netherlands, Research Officer
- Arizona House Democrats
- Health Choice Integrated Care
- Sarasota County, FL
- Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System