Languages Clubs for Spanish, French, German, Italian, Arabic and future teachers offer participation in organizing and presenting a variety of language-specific cultural events or activities pertinent to the study and teaching of language. A club (see listing below) has a student leader and student participants who work with a faculty mentor.
- French Club advisor: Deniza Ticic
- Global Cabaret advisor: Michael Rulon
- French Theater Guild advisor: Michael Rulon
- German Club advisor: Vicky Vandermale
- Arabic Club advisor: Mounia Mnouer
- Spanish Club advisor: Audra Travelbee
We regularly sponsor conversation tables in different languages. These groups, facilitated by department faculty, meet regularly during the academic year at local restaurants or cafés to offer students and community members the chance to use their foreign languages skills in a relaxed and informal setting.
- Spanish (Roberto Serpas / 928-523-7633): Tertulia
- University Union 2nd Floor (Above Einstein Bros. Bagels)
- Mondays from 4:00 to 5:00 and Thursdays from 5:30 to 7:00
- Everyone is invited – students of all levels, staff, and community members.
- German (Marilya Reese / 928-523-9638): Stammtisch – Thursday Evenings at Ni Marco’s Pizza
- French (Deniza Ticic / 928-523-8445): La Table Française – Thursday Evenings at Charly’s
- Italian (Kevin Massoletti / 928-523-1236): La Serata at Bigfoot BBQ in downtown Flagstaff from 7:00-9:30pm on these Wednesdays: Sept. 11, Sept. 25, Oct. 9, Oct. 23, Nov. 6, Nov. 20. Contact Kevin for more info.
- Japanese (Reiko Akiyama / 928-523-8244) – Contact Reiko for place and times