Languages Clubs for Spanish, French, German, Italian, and future teachers offer participation in organizing and presenting a variety of language-specific cultural events or activities pertinent to the study and teaching of language. A club (see listing below) has a student leader and student participants who work with a faculty mentor.
- French Club advisor: Deniza Ticic
- Global Cabaret advisor: Michael Rulon
- German Club advisor: Jessica Wood
- Spanish Club advisor: Holly Jackson
- No More Deaths / No más muertes: Robert Neustadt
- Chinese Culture Club: Di Wu
- NAU Wushu Team: Di Wu
- Calligraphy Club: Di Wu
- Future Language Teachers of AZ (FLTNAZ): Jersus Colmenares
- NAU Anime Club: Reiko Akiyama
- Japanese Culture Club: Reiko Akiyama
- Phi Sigma Lota (French Honor Society): Erika Hess
- Delta Phi Alpha (German Honor Society): Jessica Wood
We regularly sponsor conversation tables in different languages. These groups, facilitated by department faculty, meet regularly during the academic year at local restaurants or cafés to offer students and community members the chance to use their foreign languages skills in a relaxed and informal setting.
- Spanish (Roberto Serpas / 928-523-7633): Tertulia
- University Union 2nd Floor (Above Einstein Bros. Bagels)
- Thursdays from 4:30-6:00pm
- Everyone is invited – students of all levels, staff, and community members.
- German (Marilya Reese / 928-523-9638): Stammtisch – Thursday evenings from 6:00-8:00pm at Ni Marco’s Pizza, except when closed for Christmas and New Year’s.
- French (Deniza Ticic / 928-523-8445): La Table Française – Thursday Evenings at Charly’s
- Italian (Kevin Massoletti / 928-523-1236): La Serata – Check with Kevin for times and place!
- Japanese (Reiko Akiyama / 928-523-8244) – Fridays from 1:00-3:00pm in BAA 114. Contact Reiko for more info.