National Student Exchange (NSE)
Opening collegiate opportunities for NAU students
National Student Exchange inspires academic enrichment, personal exploration, and student development by facilitating collegiate study away at over 200 member colleges and universities throughout the United States, Canada, Guam, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
Study for a semester or a year at an NSE partner school while paying regular NAU tuition or in-state tuition of the host campus. Visit the NSE website for details about the program and available campuses.
- sophomore status at time of exchange
- 2.5 GPA or higher
- good academic, financial, and disciplinary standing at NAU
- full time enrollment at NAU
- no incomplete grades from previous terms
Program costs depends on which plan you choose:
- Plan A: NAU student pays the in-state tuition of the host university.
- Plan B: NAU student pays regular NAU tuition.
There is a $200 application fee to apply to NSE.
Financial aid & scholarships
- Plan A: Your federal financial aid will be disbursed by NAU. NAU tuition waivers and scholarships (i.e. NAU Merit, Deans, Presidents Resident and Non-Resident, AIMS, Lumberjack Scholars, and departmental tuition awards) cannot be used on Plan A.
- Plan B: Your financial aid will be normally disbursed by NAU.
Benefits of NSE
- access new academic opportunities
- explore new fields of study
- experience personal and academic growth
- develop an open-mind by experiencing a new environment
- become more independent and resourceful
- be inspired to pursue a graduate or professional degree
- come home with a better-defined view of your future