Join our graduate program
Graduate quick links
Visit the College of Education’s future students page to get helpful links for both undergraduate and graduate students.
Programs of study
For a complete listing of all programs of study, please visit the Graduate College Programs of Study page.
College and Career Readiness, Graduate Certificate
Career Tab Open
Requirements Tab Closed
Overview Tab Closed
Details Tab Closed
Availability Tab Closed
Career Accordion Open
Career opportunities that might be pursued:
- College and Career Counselors (with master's degree)
- Career Specialists
- College Advisors
With further education, one of these paths is possible:
- School Counselor
Requirements Accordion Closed
- Graduate certificate programs require a minimum of 12 credit hours. Many certificate programs require more than 12 credit hours.
No more than one 400-level NAU course (3 or 4 units) may be used on a certificate program.
No more than 25% of the units required for the certificate program may be transferred from another university.
A 400-level course (undergraduate course) completed at another university is not eligible for transfer credit.
A minimum grade point average of 3.0 must be achieved to obtain a graduate certificate. No more than three units of coursework with a grade of "C" may be used in a certificate program.
A graduate student may pursue a graduate certificate concurrently with a graduate degree. Each graduate degree program must decide which, if any, certificate courses can be counted toward the graduate degree.
Students who are admitted to a graduate certificate program will be eligible for the official posting of the graduate certificate to their transcripts when all applicable coursework has been successfully completed and approved by the academic unit and the Graduate College.
- Please be aware that federal financial aid is not available for some certificates, if the certificate is pursued and completed as a stand-alone certificate (i.e., not completed concurrently with a degree program). See the “Details” tab for additional information.
Overview Accordion Closed
Please note that you may be able to use some courses to meet more than one requirement. Contact your advisor for details.
|Minimum Units for Completion||15|
|Additional Admission Requirements||Admission requirements over and above admission to NAU are required.|
|Fieldwork Experience/Internship||Fieldwork Experience/Internship is required.|
|Additional Fees/Program Fees||Additional Fees and/or Program Fees apply.|
|Some online/blended coursework||Required|
Details Accordion Closed
Additional Admission Requirements
- Admission requirements over and above admission to NAU are required.
- NAU Graduate Online application is required for all programs. Details on admission requirements are included in the online application.
- Undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.00 (scale is 4.00 = "A"), or the equivalent.
- Admission to many graduate programs is on a competitive basis, and programs may have higher standards than those established by the Graduate College.
- For details on graduate admission policies, please visit the Graduate Admissions Policy
- International applicants have additional admission requirements. Please see the International Graduate Admissions Policy
Individual program admission requirements include:
There are no additional admission requirements for this certificate.
Federal financial aid cannot be used for this certificate.
Be aware that some courses may have prerequisites that you must also take. For prerequisite information click on the course or see your advisor.