Join our graduate program
Graduate quick links
Future studentsVisit the College of Education's future students page to get helpful links for both undergraduate and graduate students.
Programs of studyFor a complete listing of all programs of study, please visit the Graduate College Programs of Study page.
College and Career Readiness, Graduate Certificate
Requirements Accordion Open
- Graduate certificate programs require a minimum of 12 credit hours. Many graduate certificate programs require more than 12 credit hours.
- No more than one 400-level NAU course (3 - 4 units) may be used on a graduate certificate program.
- No more than twenty-five percent of the units required for the certificate program may be transferred from another university.
- A 400-level course (undergraduate course) completed at another university is not eligible for transfer credit.
- A minimum grade point average of 3.0 must be achieved to obtain a graduate certificate. No more than three units of coursework with a Grade of "C" may be used in a certificate program.
- A graduate student may pursue a graduate certificate concurrently with a graduate degree. Each graduate degree program must decide which, if any, certificate courses can be counted toward the graduate degree.
- Students who are admitted to a graduate certificate program will be eligible for the official posting of the graduate certificate to their transcripts when all applicable coursework has been successfully completed and approved by the academic unit and the Graduate College.
Please be aware that federal financial aid is not available for some certificates if the certificate is pursued and completed as a stand-alone certificate (i.e., not completed concurrently with a degree program). See the “Details” tab for additional information.
Overview Accordion Closed
Students may be able to use some courses to meet more than one requirement. Contact your advisor for details.
|Minimum Units for Completion||15|
|Fieldwork Experience/Internship||Fieldwork Experience/Internship is required.|
|Additional Fees/Program Fees||Additional Fees and/or Program Fees apply.|
|Some online/blended coursework||Required|
Details Accordion Closed
Graduate Admission Information
The NAU graduate online application is required for all programs. Admission to many graduate programs is on a competitive basis, and programs may have higher standards than those established by the Graduate College.
Admission requirements include the following:
- Undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited institution with a 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale ("A" = 4.0), or the equivalent.
Visit the NAU Graduate Admissions website for additional information about graduate school application deadlines, eligibility for study, and admissions policies.
Ready to apply? Begin your application now.
International applicants have additional admission requirements. Please see the International Graduate Admissions Policy.
This certificate may be pursued and completed concurrently with a degree program or as a stand-alone certificate. Federal financial aid cannot be used if the certificate is completed as a stand-alone certificate.
Be aware that some courses may have prerequisites that you must also successfully complete. For prerequisite information, click on the course or see your advisor.