Instructional Leadership, emphasis: K-12 School Leadership (MEd)

Apply as an international sponsored student

Steps to apply

Follow the steps below to apply as an international sponsored student.

1. Complete an online application

Complete the online application below. Please note that the application fee can be waived for sponsored students by using promotional code INSPAG for undergraduate and #INSPAG for graduate applications.

Note: If you are not a sponsored student and use the promotional code, you will be billed for the application fee.

2. Submit your passport copy

Upload a copy of your passport to your application.

3. Submit your official transcripts

Upload to your application a copy of your official transcripts for all secondary (high school) and post-secondary (college or university) education*, as well as any vocational or ESL grade reports. You can also later email it to All transcripts or mark sheets must be submitted in English. In addition, we require a minimum 2.5 grade-point average (GPA) for first-year and transfer students.

*Transfer students who have earned 24 or more credits at an American post-secondary institution only need to submit that transcript as part of their application. A high school transcript is not required.

NAU accepts transcript evaluations from members of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) as part of the evaluation process. However, the result of a transcript evaluation does not guarantee that transfer credits will be awarded.

Evaluation services: NAU SpanTran ApplicationWorld Education Services

4. Submit your English test scores

Upload a copy of the results of your proof of English proficiency to your application according to the procedures associated with your test provider. The minimum requirements for university admission are:

Test or statusMinimum requirements
TOEFL70 IBT (School code 4006, MyBest Score accepted)
ACT English and Reading21
Pearson Test of English56
IB English A5 for higher level and 6 for standard level
IB English B7 for higher and standard levels
Transferring from a US institutionOne 3-credit course in English composition with a passing grade
Exchange student from EuropeB2 level in English
From a high school entirely taught in EnglishFour years of high school English (composition and literature) with passing grades as well as verification from your school that all courses are taught in English
From one of these English-speaking countriesNo proof of English required
If you don’t meet one of these requirements, please consider joining our Program in Intensive English. You can receive conditional admission to NAU and be fully admitted upon completion of the program. To participate, all you need is a Duolingo score of 55, TOEFL 20, or IELTS 4.

5. Provide proof of financial support

Provide the financial sponsor letter from your sponsoring agency. This document is required for the SEVIS form I-20, the immigration form you will need to apply for a student visa.

Sponsored students can receive specialized services and support from International Student and Scholar Services. If you have any questions, please contact us at