Travel & reimbursement
What you need to know for reimbursement from the Department of Biological Sciences
If you are traveling to a conference or seeking a reimbursement for a purchase, read below to find out about funding and processes. Please contact Lois Neff with questions or if you are having issues with the documents on this page (documents are being evaluated for accessibility).
Are you a student seeking travel funding?Accordion Closed
***When you apply for these travel awards, please put the appropriate contact as the Travel Liaison. If your faculty advisor is part of a Center, check with that advisor and put in the appropriate travel processing employee. If your faculty advisor is directly associated with Biological Sciences, you would indicate Lois Neff as the Travel Liaison.
Before you go, and after you return, don’t forget the paperworkAccordion Closed
Biological Sciences travelers should speak with the travel specialist before you go, and submit these items:
- NAU’s Annual Travel Certification is required each year, and must be filled out completely, including checking the box indicating whether or not you are an authorized NAU driver.
- Permission to travel (fill out the form and click submit, it will go to the travel specialist). Written permission from your supervisor is required for each trip. The form is currently not working. Please contact Lois.Neff@nau.edu.
Post-travel actionsAccordion Closed
- Reimbursement receipts and form should be turned in to the travel specialist within five (5) days of the return from travel. If the travel paperwork does not get processed within 30 days of the travel, there will be no reimbursement.
- Please fill out this form and submit as part of your reimbursement request.
- The form is currently not working. Please contact Lois.Neff@nau.edu.
Driving for NAU businessAccordion Closed
- If you are driving your own car and expect to be reimbursed, you must turn in a copy of your proof of car insurance, and you must be an NAU authorized driver. Be sure to understand the information about authorized driver requirements (scroll down this page to Authorized Driver Program).
- Besides being an authorized driver, if you need to transport students in a van, you will need van training.
- In addition, if you need to use an NAU vehicle, speak with our business manager, and reserve the car online.
- Using a personal vehicle and NOT an NAU vehicle must be justified in the travel permission document.
Non-travel reimbursementsAccordion Closed
Have you purchased something for the class you are teaching? Do you have a grant or award that will reimburse you for field supplies?
You must submit receipts within 60 days of the purchase.
- Reimbursement forms are available from Lois Neff or in print form outside room 201 in Biological Sciences
- make sure you fill out the form and put in your NAU ID number
- original receipts should be submitted
- NAU’s official form for reimbursement for group food purchases can be found on the Purchasing Department’s website.
To approve someone’s travel reimbursementAccordion Closed
Find your Peoplesoft Financials Worklist (without linking through email notification):
- from the department index
- click on “P”, then PeopleSoft Financials
- put in your credentials
- click on Main Menu
- click on Worklist
- Worklist will have a list of links to reimbursements, click on the link you want to approve
- scroll to the bottom and click on the approve button on left
- you will be redirected to a screen where you click OK to complete the approval