Graduate Student Information
Find what you need regarding NAU graduate degrees, important dates, and more
Conduct your own research and work closely with expert, research-focused faculty in NAU’s graduate biological sciences programs. Our programs feature an ideal balance between strong academic rigor and flexibility so students can tailor a degree to meet specific personal and career goals.
Additional help & information for graduate students
- The GRE is not required for applicants to the Biology MS or PhD programs for the 2021-2022 academic year due to the Covid-19 pandemic. If you have questions, contact AskBioGrad@nau.edu
- Important dates and deadlines
- Frequently asked questions about NAU Biology graduate programs
- The NAU Biology Graduate Handbook can help answer your questions about being a graduate student in our department
- Information on our faculty laboratories and department research centers can be found from the menu item “research”
- Do you need forms for your degree program?
- Need more information? Please send your inquiries to Askbiograd@nau.edu
- Grant and funding opportunities for graduate students
- AAAS GrantsNet has a list of nationwide funding opportunities
- National Science Foundation has put together a list of funding opportunities for graduate student and post-docs
- National Institutes of Health offers research and career training opportunities
- Sigma Xi, the Scientific Research Society, offers grants in aid of research