Auditions Accordion Closed
All Theatre majors interested in the Performance Emphasis, and all freshmen and recent transfers, are required to audition during the Unified Audition. The audition will include the mainstage shows for the semester, advanced Performance courses, and the Performance Emphasis.
How to prepare for auditions
- Read the plays and prepare for the audition thoroughly, which means practice!
- What we find important in an audition is that the student actor is prepared and memorized. We like to see that you cared enough to prepare in advance.
- We look for actors willing to take risks or make specific choices, and are willing to experiment with various directions/options—whether “right or wrong” for the character.
- Be open, creative, and flexible.
- You might consider meeting with the faculty director to see what they are looking for in the role. Dress for the audition and arrive early!
Auditions take place at the beginning of each semester, or occasionally prior to winter break for spring productions, courses, and Performance Emphasis consideration. The core requirements are two (2) contrasting monologues not exceeding a total of two (2) minutes. Specific and additional audition requirements are outlined at the beginning of each semester. Dates and audition requirements will be posted on the Department Callboard, and the Department Digital Callboard. Additionally, an online audition submission will be posted for each Unified audition to accommodate performers unable to attend in person.
Performance Workshop Accordion Closed
This course is only open to students who have been cast on the main stage or participating in projects approved by the department.
All students cast must be enrolled.
Students must have department approval to register.
TH 112 – 1 credit hour course
- Freshman fall and spring for a total of 2 credit hours
- Sophomore fall and spring for a total of 2 credit hours
- Junior fall and spring for a total of 2 credit hours
- Senior fall and spring for a total of 2 credit hours
TH 212 – 1 credit hour course
TH 312 – 1 credit hour course
TH412 – 1 credit hour course
Acting and Directing courses Accordion Closed
The entry level, core acting course (TH 135) and Beginning Directing (TH 352) are open to all majors and minors as part of the core requirement for all students.
Beyond Acting I and Directing I, all students must audition or interview in order to enroll into the course.
Check the Callboard for audition and interview details.
Fefu and Her Friends Cast
Fefu: Carly Durrer
Julia: Karly Moyers
Emma: Emma Gasior
Cindy: Lexxii Ramirez
Christina: Cassie Freedman
Paula: Kelsey Brown
Cecilia: Mikayla Wilkerson
Sue: Maia Engelthaler
She Kills Monsters Cast
Agnes: Alexis Gibbs
Tilly: Chaiah Durst
Chuck: Johnathan Ray
Miles: Isaac Wilson
Vera/Evil Gabbi: Galen Coburn-Amadio
Evil Tina: Holly Glave
Lilith/Lilly: Clay Woodard
Kaliope/Kelly: Tohbi Bryant
Orcus/Ronnie: Jack Skummer
Farrah the Faerie/Steve: James Wallis
Understudies/Movement Captains: Camryn McMahon & Logan Block