Doctor of Physical Therapy program at NAU
You have questions and we have the answers. If you still have questions beyond this information, please email us directly for additional assistance.
2. How can I pay for school? Accordion Closed
3. What is the application deadline? Accordion Closed
- Hybrid DPT Program: December 1, 2023
- Residential DPT Programs: June 3, 2024
4. Are there separate applications for the Flagstaff campus, Phoenix campus, and Hybrid Program? Do I get to choose the campus I attend? Accordion Closed
No, the PTCAS is used for all Doctor of Physical Therapy programs at NAU. You are invited to provide a preference for which program you’d like to attend, but there is no guarantee that your request will be granted.
5. Do I have to take the Graduate Record Examination (GRE)? Accordion Closed
Students must take the GRE, but there is no minimum GRE required.
6. How many hours of clinical observations, work, or volunteer experience do I need? Accordion Closed
Observational hours are recommended but not required. They can be paid, volunteer, inpatient or outpatient but must be under the supervision of a licensed physical therapist. We recommend a breadth of experiences and settings rather than a depth of one experience.
7. Do you interview? Accordion Closed
No. Interviews are not part of the admissions process. However, students are required to register for, and complete the Altus Insights Casper Situational Judgement Test. Information on the Casper Test can be found at https://acuityinsights.app/
8. If I am admitted, will I have to travel to the other campus? Accordion Closed
There are several different travel expectations. The clinical education experiences require travel to the clinical site and the student is responsible for their lodging and associated living costs. The Hybrid DPT program requires travel to the NAU campus four times over the course of the curriculum for laboratory immersion experiences. These immersion experiences range between five and ten days.
9. Can I visit the campuses? Accordion Closed
Yes, in fact, we encourage you to do that. If you wish to visit the Flagstaff campus, email your request to email@example.com. If you wish to visit the Phoenix campus, visit the Phoenix Bioscience Core website to schedule your tour.
10. Can I attend part-time or in the evenings? Accordion Closed
No, the program is full-time.
11. What should I major in as an undergraduate? Accordion Closed
We do not require any particular major. In addition to a baccalaureate degree, you must complete all of our prerequisites before beginning the program. You may only have three outstanding prerequisite requirements when you apply.
12. When do classes begin? Accordion Closed
The Residential DPT programs begin in August and the Hybrid DPT program begins in January of each year.
13. Does the NAU DPT Program accept transfer credits? Accordion Closed
Transfer credits are not accepted. The entire Program of Study for the DPT must be completed at NAU.