PEP Application Steps
Applying to a professional education program
Congratulations on selecting a NAU professional education program. NAU’s professional education programs are nationally accredited. NAU graduates are highly sought after for education positions by school districts throughout Arizona, and certified educators are in high demand in Arizona.
Step 1: Admission to NAU Accordion Closed
Step 2: Apply to Professional Education Programs (PEP) Accordion Closed
- Check your NAU email frequently, all official correspondence will be sent to this account
- Look for a message with “PEP Eligible” subject line
- Follow the instructions in the email to initiate your application to PEP
- NOTE: Before you get started, be aware you will need a Fingerprint Clearance Card IVP #
- Initiate and submit the online application
- Your application information is saved and can be completed later
- Recommended deadline for submission of application
- Undergraduate: Finalize application before 30 units
- Transfer: Finalize application immediately upon admission to NAU
- Graduate: Finalize application immediately upon admission to NAU
- Incomplete applications cannot be processed
Step 3: Complete PEP admission criteria Accordion Closed
Check your To Do List by logging into your Student Center.
Note: As you complete admission criteria, the items will be removed from your To Do List.
Once requirements have been met, you will be officially admitted to PEP and notified through your NAU email account. Upon PEP admission, you will have access to enroll in your teacher preparation coursework.
If you have any questions regarding the admission steps outlined above or are having any issues with submitting your application To Do List items, please contact your academic advisor. You can locate your advisor through LOUIE.