PEP Application Steps
Applying to Professional Education Programs
Congratulations on selecting NAU’s Professional Education Programs (PEP), the first and only nationally accredited institution in the state. NAU graduates are highly sought after for teaching positions by districts throughout Arizona and certified teachers are in high demand in Arizona.
Recent data from the Arizona Department of Education shows, Arizona is currently experiencing a severe teacher shortage. In 2014, 74% of Arizona school districts reported having teacher position openings. Arizona State Retirement System data suggests that 26,122 of the Arizona’s education workforce will be eligible to retire by June 2018 (Arizona Department of Education, 2015).
Professional Education Programs application steps
Step 1: Admission to NAU Accordion Closed
Step 2: Apply to Professional Education Programs (PEP) Accordion Closed
- Check your NAU email frequently, all official correspondence will be sent to this account
- Look for a message with “PEP Eligible” subject line
- Follow the instruction in email to initiate your application to PEP
- NOTE: Before you get started, be aware you will need a Fingerprint Clearance Card IVP #
- Initiate and submit the online application
- Your application information is saved and can be completed later
- Recommended deadline for submission of application
- All Undergraduate students: Finalize application before 30 units
- Transfer: Finalize application immediately upon admission to NAU
- Graduate: Finalize application immediately upon admission to NAU
- Incomplete applications cannot be processed
Step 3: Complete PEP admission criteria Accordion Closed
Check your To Do List by logging into your Student Center.
Note: As you complete admission criteria, the items will be removed from your To Do List.
Once requirements have been met, you will be officially admitted to PEP and notified through your NAU email account. Upon PEP admission, you will have access to enroll in your teacher preparation coursework.
If you have any questions regarding the admission steps outlined above or are having any issues with submitting your application or to do list items, please contact your academic advisor. You can locate your advisor through LOUIE.