What to do after travelling for the School of Forestry
When attending a conference, training, or other event away from Flagstaff, you need to follow these steps in order to receive travel reimbursement.
Be sure to complete your submission in a timely manner:
- Within five days of returning from your trip, collect original receipts (i.e. lodging, parking, etc.) and turn them into your Travel Specialist.
- If there are no receipts, please send an email letting us know that.
- If you have questions about what to submit, please contact your Travel Specialist.
- Let us know if anything about your trip has changed.
- Did the dates and times of your trip change?
- Were there any meals included with the conference or your hotel?
- Are there any additional expenses that you did not include in your estimate?
- Are there expenses in your estimate that you will not be claiming?
- Once we have your receipts, we will create a Travel Summary or Exhibit J for your trip.
- That travel summary will be in your box for review within 1 week of you turning in your receipts.
- Please review the summary to make sure it accurately reflects your trip and that reimbursement is for the right amount.
- Sign the Exhibit J. If necessary, have your supervisor sign it as well.
- Return the completed Exhibit J to your Travel Specialist.
- Once we have the completed Exhibit J, we will start the process to get your reimbursement. From that point, reimbursements normally take one week.
- Reimbursements are handled by direct deposit. If you are not currently enrolled in direct deposit, you will receive a paper check.