- For questions about tuition, financial holds, books, etc. contact Savannah Sydney by email or at (928) 523-8033.
- For questions about academic holds and other advisor needs, contact Tomantha Horseherder by email or at (928) 523-6154.
- For technical or system questions, contact the Student Technology Center at:
Native American students with a current valid teaching certificate are eligible to apply
Below is the information you need to apply to the American Indian Student Leadership program at NAU.
For a complete description of the form submission process, please visit our student information page. To summarize, the following seven documents are required for all AISL cohort applicants:
- Signed Project Agreement
- Signed Certificate of Financial Eligibility
- Contact Savannah Sydney for Program of Study information
- Certificate of Indian Blood
- Letter of nomination (by CEO, Superintendent or Line Officer)
- Copy of teaching certificate
- OIE additional requirements
- Submit completed forms by email to Savannah.Sydney@nau.edu.
If you are accepted into the program, you will be contacted by either Dr. Martin, the Program Administrator, or Savannah Sydney, the Program Coordinator, at which time you are ready for the next steps:
- Apply to NAU’s Graduate College for the Educational Leadership MED Principal K-12 emphasis. Successful completion of this application process will occur when you have submitted the $65 application fee at the end of the application (the application fee is the only fee for which you will be responsible; for AISL participants, all future fees pertaining to this program will be paid for by the AISL program).
- When applying, please be sure to indicate that you are an online student. Necessary transcripts should be sent to:
- Graduate Admissions Office: P.O. Box 4125, Flagstaff, AZ 86011. Email: GradAdmissions@nau.edu.