The Department of Business & Administration at NAU-Yuma
Find out what our department offers students at Northern Arizona University-Yuma
The Department of Business and Administration at NAU-Yuma provides excellent business management and related higher education. The faculty are highly qualified and fully engaged in a learning partnership with students. Students are the center of our focus and the faculty is dedicated to help you achieve your educational and career goals.
Business and administration degrees offered
The department offers several baccalaureate degree programs and a master’s degree program, including:
- Master of Global Business Administration (MGBA)
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
- Industrial Technology Management (ITM)
- Administration (ADM)
- Technology Management (TM)
- Logistics & Supply Chain Management (LSCM)
Accreditation of NAU-Yuma’s business & administration degrees
The goal of the department is to be a premier provider of Baldrige-quality business management and related higher education with an emphasis on value and accessibility. As evidence of this initiative, the following programs have received ACBSP accreditation or are a candidate for ACBSP accreditation:
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) Spring 2012
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management (LSCM) Spring 2018
- Industrial Technology Management (ITM) Spring 2018
- Master of Global Business Administration (MGBA) fall 2016 candidate for accreditation
The Department of Business & Administration empowers student growth
The degree programs provide students with the means to develop the following characteristics:
- to communicate business and related information professionally;
- to recognize and solve business and related problems in an ethical manner;
- to work well in diverse teams, including virtual settings (including leadership);
- to analyze and utilize financial information (BBA, LSCM, ITM, and MGBA programs).
A message from our department Chair
To achieve the department’s mission, we value and feature visionary and innovative leadership; lifelong student, faculty and organizational learning; ethical and socially responsible behavior; creating and improving excellent quality and value–personal and societal; and diversity of people and ideas. We are excited you visited our web site and look forward to having you join one of the programs in the Department of Business and Administration.
Alex Steenstra, Ph.D. Chair, Department of Business & Administration
To provide excellent business management and related higher education for working adults throughout Arizona, with an in-depth focus on core business competencies within a global context.
To be a premier provider of Baldrige-quality business management and related higher education with an emphasis on value and accessibility.
- Visionary and innovative leadership
- Lifelong student, faculty, & organizational learning
- Ethical and socially responsible behavior
- Creating and improving excellent quality & value-personal and societal
- Diversity of people and ideas
We will train our graduates to:
- Work well in teams, including virtual settings.
- Understand finance and other core business content.
- Recognize and solve business problems in an ethical manner.
- Communicate business information professionally.
NAU-Yuma Business blog
Program resources Accordion Closed
Find out what our students are saying Accordion Closed
View student testimonials for the programs we offer.