C & I Quicklinks
- PhD Degree Info
- Program Overview
- Program Guide for Students and Faculty
- Policies, Procedures, and Checklist
- Scholars Groups and Research Groups, 2020-2021
Programs of study
For a complete listing of all programs of study, please visit the Graduate College Programs of Study page.
Graduate quick links
Curriculum & Instruction Admissions
We are most interested in admitting students:
- who want to make a difference in the field of education
- who want to engage in educational issues and be challenged
- whose goals are addressed by the program’s content and approach to study
Any doctoral program is difficult to complete and requires a high level of commitment. Before you apply, you should communicate with the curriculum and instruction program coordinator to talk further and in depth about your goals. You should also connect with faculty interested in your focus area. We want to make sure that this program is the right fit and choice for you.
Admission to the curriculum and instruction program is completed through the Graduate College. We suggest the following to help you be successful:
- Look over the full application before completing.
- Choose references who can speak to your academic strengths as well as your commitment to the field of education.
- Create a goal statement that speaks to how this program meets your short- and long-term goals.
- Follow the directions on the application; for more detailed information regarding the application process see the Program Guide for Students and Faculty
Applications are due:
- November 15th of each year for a fall start date the following year.
Students from non-English speaking countries must have a TOEFL score sent to the Graduate College.
You may initially send unofficial transcripts, but once accepted you need to forward your official transcripts.
The admissions committee will evaluate all applications using a rating scale, and recommend the most competitive applicants for acceptance.
All applicants will be notified of their final admissions status no later than January 30th for admission the following fall.