Guidance towards a bright future for NAU students earning social work degreesIt is our mission to educate competent generalist and advanced generalist social workers for practice in local, regional, and global contexts. Social Work students learn the knowledge, values, and skills they'll need to engage with diverse populations at any level and scope. We work hard to prepare graduates for success in their careers.
- Our degree programs provide the accreditation and fieldwork necessary for professional licensure in many states.
- The Field Education program provides practice experience and networking opportunities for students in their areas of interest.
- Social work students are taught to identify with the profession and pursue ongoing professional development, which contributes to ongoing success.
- The Child Welfare Training Project provides guaranteed job placement for students pursuing careers in child welfare.
Obtaining licensureLicensure is available for BSW and MSW graduates.
Additional resourcesThe Social Work Career CenterPlease consult the NAU Career Development website for additional assistance with:
- majors and careers
- career preparation
- job search
- continuing your education