Messages from President José Luis Cruz Rivera
September 7, 2023
Announcing the Search Advisory Committee for NAU’s EVP and University Provost
I am pleased to announce the official launch of the search for NAU’s next Executive Vice President (EVP) and University Provost. The EVP and University Provost is responsible for leading our university’s academic enterprise and serves as the President’s senior-most advisor and thought partner in carrying out the institution’s vision and mission.
Record philanthropic support propels NAU’s Elevated Excellence
NAU achieved the highest annual fundraising milestone in our 122-year history! The collective support we have generated will empower the success of our students and contribute to the impact of our scholarly and service endeavors that broaden knowledge and enrich lives.
Introducing NAU 2025 – Elevating Excellence
The strategic priorities set forth in NAU 2025 – Elevating Excellence represent a robust synthesis of the NAU community’s thoughtful engagement and bold aspirations for the future, coupled with the input of important public, private, and philanthropic partners.
Announcing NAU’s Access2Excellence Initiative
NAU’s Access2Excellence (A2E) makes clear to Arizona students and families that NAU is accessible and affordable. When the initiative launches in Fall 2023, Arizona resident students from households making $65,000 or less per year will attend NAU tuition-free.
An update on NAU’s efforts to become Arizona’s leading engine of opportunity
I’m excited to share that NAU has secured $81 million in new investments and obtained approval for the implementation of new admissions requirements. Together, these developments position us well as we seek to become Arizona’s leading engine of opportunity.
The Office of the President strives to engage deeply with all our Lumberjack communities. Explore our video announcements and statements to see where we’ve been and highlight our path forward.
- August 28, 2023: Welcoming our Lumberjack community to a new academic year
- August 22, 2023: Looking ahead to the year of academic momentum
- July 24, 2023: Save the date for the annual University Convocation
- July 18, 2023: Our biggest fundraising year yet!
- May 16, 2023: Apply today for the University Leadership Program
- May 10, 2023: Watch our top 10ish highlights from Spring 2023
- April 27, 2023: Spring Commencement at NAU
- March 9, 2023: True Blue Summer Fridays
- February 23, 2023: Arizona Attainment Alliance announces Universal Admissions Program
- February 2, 2023: President’s Achievement and Diversity Awards
- January 30, 2023: On Tyre Nichols
- January 25, 2023: Advancing NAU’s commitment to Indigenous Peoples
- January 23, 2023: Watch our top 10ish highlights from Fall 2022
- December 15, 2022: Happy holidays, Lumberjacks!
- November 16, 2022: NAU announces partnership with TheDream.US to support Dreamers’ pursuit of higher education
- November 14, 2022: Expanding Access2Excellence to Arizona’s federally recognized tribes
- November 7, 2022: Compensation adjustments for faculty, staff, and student employees
- October 10, 2022: Welcoming our new Vice President for Advancement
- October 6, 2022: In solidarity with the University of Arizona community
- September 29, 2022: Launching the Arizona Attainment Alliance
- September 27, 2022: REMINDER: Presidential Installation Events
- September 21, 2022: Kicking off NAU’s Sustainable Smart Campus Master Plan process
- September 20, 2022: Announcing the search for Vice President for Inclusion, Diversity, and Engagement
- August 29, 2022: NAU sets records with the most academically accomplished, diverse and largest full-time incoming class
- August 15, 2022: NAU’s approach to COVID-19 for Fall 2022
- August 9, 2022: Announcing NAU’s Early Learning and Development Center