How to apply
To be admitted as an international student into the Program in Intensive English, you must apply through the Center for International Education.
Who can be admitted
- International students who want to earn a degree from NAU, but whose TOEFL scores do not meet the university English language requirements.
- Non-native English speakers who want to improve their English, but may not be interested in a degree from NAU.
- Students with a basic understanding of English (IELTS score of 3.5 or higher, TOEFL score of 14 or higher)
There is a $50 application fee that is required.
When applying to Northern Arizona University’s Program in Intensive English these documents are required. You can either submit them as part of your application or later email them to StudyNAU@nau.edu.
- Copy of your valid passport
- Copy of official transcripts for ALL high school, university, vocational, and ESL courses. These must be in English
- Copy of your English Test Scores from Duolingo, TOEFL, or IELTS
- Proof of financial support
A link to more information about each of these is at: https://nau.edu/cie/international-admissions/admission-requirements/bachelors-degree/
If you want to be a PIE student, apply for the Program in Intensive English today through the Center for International Education.