Apply for a bachelor’s degree
Steps to apply
Follow the steps below to apply as a full-time student seeking a bachelor’s degree.
1. Complete an online application Accordion Closed
Complete the online application and pay the $50 application fee. You will be required to pay the application fee while completing your online application.
2. Submit your passport copy Accordion Closed
Upload a copy of your passport to your application or you can later email it to email@example.com.
3. Submit your official transcripts Accordion Closed
Upload to your application a copy of your official transcripts for ALL secondary (high school) and post-secondary/university education, as well as any vocational or ESL grade reports. You can also later email it to firstname.lastname@example.org All transcripts/mark sheets must be submitted in English. In addition, we require a minimum of a 2.5 grade point average (GPA) for first-year and transfer students.
4. Submit your English test scores Accordion Closed
Upload to your application a copy of the results of the TOEFL, IELTS, or other proof of English proficiency. You can also later email it to email@example.com. You may submit unofficial test results but we may later ask for official results. The minimum requirements for university admission are:
- TOEFL: 70 IBT (School code: 4006)
- IELTS: 6.0 band or higher
- ACT English & Reading Score: 21 or higher
- SAT ERW Score: 350 or higher
- Pearson Test of English (PTE): 56 or higher
- If you are a transfer student from a U.S. institution: One 3-credit course in English composition taken at the post-secondary/university level completed with a passing grade
- If your high school was entirely taught in English: Proof of four years of high school English (composition and literature-based) with passing grades as well as a statement from the high school verifying that all courses are taught in English
Students from these countries are exempt from NAU’s proof of English requirements and do not need to submit test results.
If you do not meet Northern Arizona University’s English proficiency requirement, you may be required to do one of the following:
- Take the English Level Placement Test upon arriving
- Enroll in Northern Arizona University’s Program in Intensive English until you pass the English Proficiency Requirement
5. Provide proof of financial support Accordion Closed
Provide proof of financial support and complete the financial guarantee for the total amount of fees and expenses for bachelor’s degree students for the academic year (summer not included). This document is required for the SEVIS form I-20, the immigration form you will need to apply for a student visa.
If you bring dependents with you, please submit the Dependent Form and provide an extra USD $5,500 for your spouse and/or USD $3,500 for each child.
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.