Process to create a micro-credential program
Critical steps in new program creation
Interested in creating a micro-credential program? Follow the below steps or reach out to us if you have questions.
Program creation process
Program request process
Complete the proposal of concept section (pages 1 and 2) of the program request form.
Meet with the Continuing Education staff and a market analysis will be conducted if appropriate.
Develop a proposal and submit
- Develop a proposal based on the results of market analysis.
- You’ll include learning outcomes, format, course lengths, resources needed, etc.
- The Provost’s Office reviews proposals. If approved to move forward in the process, go to the next step.
- Work with one of our instructional designers to align learning outcomes with competencies.
- The academic unit signs memorandum of understanding (MOU) with Continuing Education.
- Course is now ready to be launched.