Department of Health Sciences
Make a difference
The Department of Health Sciences is committed to teaching students how to make significant and life-changing differences in people’s lives. We achieve this through a diverse and dynamic set of programs that are tailored towards the students’ needs and career goals.
We offer programs in both residential and online formats that meet the needs of on-campus students, working professionals, and/or people living in rural communities who would otherwise not have access to a traditional college campus.
Degrees and Programs
The department of Health Sciences offers both residential and online degree programs. Please note that our online programs require a separate application.
Undergraduate Degrees Accordion Closed
On Campus (Flagstaff location only)
- BS Health Sciences: Public Health (also available online – see below)
- BS Health Sciences: Fitness Wellness
- BS Health Sciences: Nutrition and Foods
- BSEd Physical Education
- BS Health Sciences: Allied Health (degree completion program)
- BS Health Sciences: Diagnostic Medical Imaging and Therapy (degree completion program)
- BS Health Sciences: Medical Assisting (degree completion program)
- BS Health Sciences: Physical Therapy Assisting (degree completion program)
- BS Health Sciences: Respiratory Care (degree completion program)
- BS Health Sciences: Surgical Technology (degree completion program)
- BS Health Sciences: Paramedic Care (degree completion program)
- BS Health Sciences: Public Health
Graduate Degrees Accordion Closed
Minors Accordion Closed
These programs prepare students for a career or for graduate study in a health profession. They are supported by a curriculum that is stimulating, challenging, and meaningful.
The Health Sciences faculty are dedicated professionals who are committed to excellence in teaching inside and outside the classroom. The faculty puts students first and plays a leading role in the academic and professional development of its students.
Talk to one of our advisors and see what we have to offer.
Health Sciences Rankings
Northern Arizona University’s Bachelor’s in Health Science ranked No. 24 in the article titled “The 25 Best Bachelor’s in Health Science Degree Programs” by TheBestSchools.org.
Northern Arizona University Health Department Recognized for Online Learning Excellence
Affordable Colleges online (ACO) a leader in higher education information, resources and rankings has recognized Northern Arizona University for offering one of the best online environments for health students in the country.
“In our seventh annual survey of online learning programs across the nation, we wanted to honor the colleges and universities that are providing innovative ways for students to complete a degree , These schools are going above and beyond the industry standard to help make online education programs more accessible and affordable.”
-Dan Schuessler, CEO and Founder of AffordableCollegesOnline.org.