Business Professional Program (BPP)
Any student wishing to complete a degree in Accounting, Computer Information Systems (Information Systems), Economics, Finance, Management, or Marketing must first complete the requirements for the Business Professional Program (BPP). Until you have been admitted into the BPP, you will be permitted to take only lower division business classes (100 and 200 level course work) and restricted from taking upper division business courses (300 and 400 level coursework). During this time, you must complete all of the lower-division business core as well as your English and math foundations. You should also be working to complete your liberal studies (LS) and diversity courses.
BPP Application Step-By-Step Guide Accordion Closed
- Click on the BPP Application button located on the right side of this webpage or navigate to https://programapplication.nau.edu/
- Authenticate using your NAU credentials
- This will take you to the admission requirements page.
- If you have completed all requirements you can click apply to move to the next part of the application.
- If you have incomplete admission requirements please fill in the text box with “In progress” then click apply.
- You will then be asked three questions. Once you have answered the questions click the Next button. You can also save the application and return at a later time to finish filling it out.
- Once you click the next button you will be asked to certify your application. Upon certifying your application you will be eligible to click the Submit Application button!
You will receive notifications of any changes to your application via your NAU email. You will be able to track the progress of you application and see updates from your advisor via the view button next to the application at https://programapplication.nau.edu/.
When To Submit Your BPP Application Accordion Closed
Please complete this application once you have enrolled for your final required courses and have completed all of your Pathway requirements.
BPP requirements Accordion Closed
The requirements for the business professional program can be found in the university catalog for your major interest. Select a major listed below and click on the ‘Details’ tab.
If you have completed the necessary Pathways requirements and have completed or are currently completing the required coursework for the BPP, you are eligible to apply.
Who is my advisor? Accordion Closed
If you are a freshman (0-24 credit hours)…
You will receive advising through the Gateway Student Success Center for your first 2 semesters.
If you have more than 24 cumulative units but have not been admitted to BPP:
Business students completing the Business Professional Program requirements will be assigned to an FCB advisor in LOUIE. You can check the name of your advisor in your LOUIE student center.
If you have been admitted to the BPP:
Your advisor will still be listed in your LOUIE student center and you will also be assigned a Faculty Career Mentor (FCM). You should consider schedule a meeting with your FCM to discuss any career questions you might have.
- You may have an advising hold applied once you are admitted to the BPP. Please review your holds carefully to determine the reason for the hold, which semester the hold is for, and who to contact to have it removed.
- You should meet with your academic advisor prior to enrolling in your first semester in the BPP.
- You should meet with your Faculty Career Mentor prior to your second semester in the BPP.
How do I make an appointment? Accordion Closed
If you want to make an appointment with your OAS Advisor:
If you have trouble with the tool you can also call 928-523-5232 or stop by our front desk in FCB room 222 to schedule an appointment with your OAS advisor.
- Plan ahead! We often cannot accommodate same day advising appointments.
- If you have an urgent question, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with detailed information and an advisor will respond as soon as possible. Keep in mind that an email will not take the place of an advising appointment. We will not remove an advising hold without a scheduled appointment.
- During the first 2 weeks of the semester, advising is available on a first come, first served basis and for brief appointments only.
- You must provide a picture ID before meeting with an advisor.
If you want to schedule an appointment with your faculty career mentor:
To schedule an appointment with your Faculty Career Mentor, please send an email to your assigned faculty member requesting an appointment.