Advisors in the FCB are dedicated to providing you with resources and information so that you can be successful in your academic pursuits. However, it is your responsibility to be an active and informed participant in your education. This includes awareness of deadlines, policies, fees and other relevant information.
Learn how to navigate your Academic Advising Report.
Call-in and Drop-in Advising Times:
Call-in and drop-in advising is best for quick questions or urgent matters. If you are a new FCB Student, need help with study abroad, or need to have a longer discussion regarding your academic track please schedule an appointment.
Call-in and Drop-in advising hours:
- Tuesdays: 1:00 pm- 3:30 pm
- Thursdays: 1:00 pm- 3:30 pm
To utilize call-in advising, please call 928-523-5232 during the times listed above to be added to the queue. Business Majors can attend drop-in advising in Room 222 in the Business building and HRM Majors can attend drop-in advising in Room 103E and Room 105E in HRM- East Building Hallway. Additional drop-in hours may be offered at the beginning and end of the term, please check with the office for specific times.
How do I make an appointment? Accordion Closed
If you want to make an appointment with your OAS Advisor:
If you have trouble with the tool you can also call 928-523-5232 or stop by our front desk in FCB room 222 to schedule an appointment with your OAS advisor.
- Plan ahead! We often cannot accommodate same day advising appointments.
- If you have an urgent question, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with detailed information and an advisor will respond as soon as possible. Keep in mind that an email will not take the place of an advising appointment. We will not remove an advising hold without a scheduled appointment.
- During the first 2 weeks of the semester, advising is available on a first come, first served basis and for brief appointments only.
- You must provide a picture ID before meeting with an advisor.
If you want to schedule an appointment with your faculty career mentor:
To schedule an appointment with your Faculty Career Mentor, please send an email to your assigned faculty member requesting an appointment.
Who is my advisor? Accordion Closed
If you are a freshman (0-24 credit hours)…
You will receive advising through the Gateway Student Success Center for your first 2 semesters.
If you have more than 24 cumulative units but have not been admitted to the Business Professional Program (BPP):
Business students completing the BPP requirements will be assigned to an FCB advisor in LOUIE. You can check the name of your advisor in your LOUIE student center.
If you have been admitted to the Business Professional Program:
Your advisor will still be listed in your LOUIE student center and you will also be assigned a Faculty Career Mentor (FCM). You should consider schedule a meeting with your FCM to discuss any career questions you might have.
- You may have an advising hold applied once you are admitted to the BPP. Please review your holds carefully to determine the reason for the hold, which semester the hold is for, and who to contact to have it removed.
- You should meet with your academic advisor prior to enrolling in your first semester in the BPP.
- You should meet with your Faculty Career Mentor prior to your second semester in the BPP.