Criminology and Criminal Justice 3+2 accelerated bachelor & master’s degree
NAU provides this accelerated option as a faster way for CCJ students to earn dual degrees
If you are an outstanding and highly motivated student pursuing a bachelor degree in Criminology and Criminal Justice and are interested in continuing on to graduate school, you may qualify for entrance into this program. The accelerated 3 + 2 program allows students to:
- learn at an accelerated pace
- actively engage in the academic experience
- complete both a bachelor and master’s degree in only 5 years
- count two 400-level criminal justice courses toward both degrees
You will have the opportunity to work closely with faculty to build a program of study tailored to your career goals.
- specialize in Communities & Justice, Transnational Crime & Justice, or Law, Policy & Social Change
- attain valuable criminological knowledge and applied research skills to address community justice and policy concerns
- choose among three different capstone options of a thesis, internship project, or teaching justice practicum
- distinguish yourself as an expert in criminal justice
Master of Science in Applied Criminology
The MS in Applied Criminology will provide you with a professional program of study focused on the social and practical problems surrounding the creation and implementation of law and justice policy in local, national, and international environments.
You will be provided with a strong, graduate level understanding of theory and methods of social science as they apply to the creation, violation, and enforcement of laws.
With a master’s degree you can specialize in one or more of the following areas;
- transnational crime and justice
- communities and justice
- law, policy, and social change
In each area, you will:
- examine the structure, operations, and limitation of the state and supra-state control systems used to resolve perceived social problems
- take a broad view of what constitutes justice problems
- participate in courses and faculty research ranging from interpersonal issues to large-scale corporate and international issues
Criminology graduate program
Distinguish yourself with an advanced degree in Applied Criminology. Gain research skills, take advantage of flexible degree completion options, and bring justice to your community. For full consideration for admission and financial aid, apply by February 15th.