Dean's grant for research
NAU faculty with the College of Education may apply for this research grantEach year, the College of Education provides a limited amount of support for faculty research activities through the Dean’s Research Grant awards.The letter of intent is due by the last Monday in September of each academic year. The full proposal is due by the last Wednesday in October. Feedback/decisions are provided within 10 business days of each stage of the process.The maximum award will not exceed $6,000 per application.Dean's Research Grant Award Guidelines and Instructions
Personnel eligibility Accordion Closed
Full-time employees with faculty status in the College of Education are eligible.
What can the grant be used for? Accordion Closed
The grant can be used to reimburse expenses related to conducting research incurred after November 1 and before July 1, including:
- software or hardware acquisition
- research participant compensation (check guidelines on NAU IRB site)
- student wage
- dissemination activities (e.g., costs associated with presenting results)
- dissertation research
Application process Accordion Closed
- You will submit a letter of intent to your department chair, whose approval indicates this request is consistent with the Statement of Expectations.
- The letter of intent must include the following elements (no more than two pages in total):
- summary of the proposed research, including the methodology and research questions
- statement of the relationship of the project mission/goals of the college and university
- specific support request, including:
- item name(s)
- relation to study/justification
- timeline for the need
- A committee of departmental representatives will examine applications and make recommendations to the dean based on the following criteria:
- research is well-designed and feasible
- research has clear relation to the mission/goals of the college and university
- specific request for support is consistent with guidelines for eligibility and use provided above
- The Dean’s office will contact the applicant(s) and provide them with the feedback from the DRGA committee and written approval on continuing with the application process and submit a full proposal. The letter of intent is not binding and does not enter into the review of a subsequent application.
- The research expenses must be incurred the current fiscal year it was awarded ending June 30th, unless approval is granted by the dean for an extension..
- By the last work day in September following the year of the grant, recipients must provide the dean’s office a report of the outcomes of the funded project for dissemination on the college website. Applications received from individuals who have not submitted required final reports for previously awarded grants by the deadline for receipt of the next round of grant proposals will not be reviewed.
- The Letter of Intent is due by the last Monday in September of each academic year and the full proposal is due by the last Wednesday in October. Feedback/decisions are provided within 10 business days of each stage of the process.