Dean’s grant for research
NAU faculty with the College of Education may apply for this research grant
Each year, the College of Education provides a limited amount of support for faculty research activities through the Dean’s Research Grant awards.
We expect awards to average $1,000, with a range of $200 to $3,000.
Personnel eligibility Accordion Closed
Full-time employees with faculty status in the College of Education are eligible.
What can the grant be used for? Accordion Closed
The grant can be used to reimburse expenses related to conducting research incurred after November 1 and before July 1, including:
- software or hardware acquisition
- participant stipends
Expenses that are not allowed to be included:
- dissemination activities (e.g., costs associated with presenting results)
- dissertation research
Application process Accordion Closed
- You will submit a letter of application to your department chair, whose approval indicates this is consistent with the Statement of Expectations. Applications will be reviewed beginning in December. If funds remain, additional applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis.
- The application letter must include the following elements (no more than two pages in total):
- abstract of the proposed research, including the methodology and research question
- statement of the relationship of the project to the College of Education conceptual framework and/or goals
- specific support request, including:
- item name(s)
- relation to study/justification
- timeline for the need
- A committee of departmental representatives will examine applications and make recommendations to the dean based on the following criteria:
- research is well-designed and feasible
- research has clear relation to the conceptual framework/goals of the college
- specific request for support is consistent with guidelines for eligibility and use provided above
- The research expenses must be incurred between December 1 and June 30.
Report progress Accordion Closed
By the end of the fall semester following the year of a grant, recipients must provide the dean’s office and the Faculty Research Center a report of the outcomes of the funded project (or for ongoing projects, a progress report) for dissemination on the college web site.