It’s Our Turn youth contest
Your creativity can help save lives in Arizona
Enter the It’s Our Turn contest
Youth and young adults, It’s Our Turn to be heard! Use your creativity to design your own take on a health message about COVID-19 vaccination, mask wearing, or to raise awareness on other important ways the pandemic has affected the wellbeing of youth.
What you can win
- Get a $10 gift card for your first contest submission
- 12 finalists each will win a $250 gift card
- Your message may be adopted by public health experts and promoted by our efforts to stop the spread of COVID-19 and save lives
Enter no later than October 30
Why is this important?
It’s Our Turn will show our strength and creativity to keep our communities safe by encouraging vaccination and masking, and raise awareness of other challenges youth are facing that we must talk about.
The It’s Our Turn contest is also a research study to understand how messages created by youth can help protect people from COVID-19 or raise awareness on other important ways that the pandemic has affected the health of youth. We will collect community votes to assess how your contest submissions influence public behaviors and perceptions.
How to enter Accordion Closed
- Enter no later than October 30
- Choose your own unique approach – TikTok video, YouTube video, painting, photography, drawing, animation, song/rap, poetry, podcast…or another approach we haven’t even thought about!
- Create a message to promote vaccination, mask wearing, and/or raise awareness about another important way the pandemic has affected youth.
- Entries must be 100 MB or less, or from a public URL (for example: TikTok, YouTube
- Follow the link below when you are ready with your design and enter one or multiple categories:
Category A: Digital / Visual Arts
Examples: graphic design, art piece, photography, website, poster or infographic
Category B: Video / Media Composition
Examples: YouTube video, TikTok, performance of song/rap, skit
Category C: Written Piece
Examples: Poem, essay, written song/rap
What are the rules?
To enter the contest, you must be:
- Between the ages of 14-25 years old
- Live or attend school in Arizona
- All gender and racial/ethnic identities encouraged to submit!!!
- Judges will choose the finalist from each category and then the community will vote for the winners.
- A first and second place will be awarded in each category for both a 14-18 year old age-bracket and a 19-25 year old age-bracket.
Not sure where to start? Accordion Closed
Here are some examples of possible content:
- Take an old message on vaccination or masking and put your unique spin on it
- Design a new slogan on why vaccinating and masking is where it’s really at!
- Share a personal story that might influence another person
- Share a personal experience of how life has changed over this past year and a half
- Capture your feelings on social isolation and mental health
- Share a story on self-care during the pandemic
- Take on a COVID-19 or vaccination myth that you have heard others say.
Click here to find some myths that are causing confusion in our communities.
But you are not limited to these ideas. Let your gut feeling guide you on what is important to say and how to say it!
About the Arizona-CEAL
The Arizona Community Engagement Alliance (CEAL) Against COVID-19 Disparities is a partnership of Arizona universities, the Mayo Clinic, and community partners working together to reduce the burden of COVID-19 on communities across Arizona.
About the It’s Our Turn Contest
The It’s Our Turn contest is also a research study. The Arizona-CEAL wants to understand if messages created by youth can protect people from COVID-19 and raise awareness on other important ways that the pandemic has affected the health of youth. If you have questions about this research study, please contact:
If you have questions about this contest, please contact:
Dr. Linnea Evans, Assistant Professor
Phone: 928 523-7691