New college, renewed commitment
The College of Engineering, Informatics, and Applied Sciences is NAU’s newest college. While many of these programs are already well-established, reorganizing them to form CEIAS is a result of our commitment to providing an immersive education that allows students and faculty to pursue knowledge wherever it takes them.
Mission Accordion Closed
We combine interdisciplinary scholarship and technological innovation with distinctive and forward-looking academic programs to support economic and societal vitality and entrepreneurship while preparing students for professional opportunities of the future.
Vision Accordion Closed
We will be a national leader in offering life-changing and inclusive learning opportunities that are coupled with scholarly excellence in creating knowledge and technologies that advance human and environmental well-being.
Values Accordion Closed
Our values emanate from institutional values and inform everything we do across our student-related, scholarly, and community engagement service activities:
• Student Centered: Supporting student success, learning, and professional achievement are at the core of our academic offerings and scholarly work.
• Integrity: Transparency, honesty, and equitable treatment guide our policies and operations.
• Diversity: Mutual respect and inclusiveness help us build an intellectually vibrant community that draws on the broadest possible talent pool.
• Service: We engage with and positively impact local, regional, national, and world communities in partnership and reciprocity.
• Discovery: We pursue a better understanding of the natural world as an essential component of designing innovative technologies and systems.
• Excellence: We expect the highest level of achievement and demonstrated success of our students and ourselves.