Mission & goals
The purpose for campus auditoria within the NAU community
The mission of NAU’s Ardrey Memorial Auditorium (AMA) and Ashurst Hall is to promote Northern Arizona University’s core values of excellence in education, student success, diversity, integrity and civility while providing a setting for programs that enhance the cultural and intellectual growth of NAU’s faculty, staff and students along with the Flagstaff community and all of Northern Arizona. It is the purpose of Ardrey and Ashurst to attract national and international artists while developing the success of NAU’s College of Arts & Letters.
Vision for the auditoria
We are always working for a better facility to serve the NAU/Northern Arizona Community. Ardrey Memorial Auditorium is the premier performing arts hall for all of Northern Arizona, and Ashurst Hall is a cornerstone of the community and the campus. To that end, we are committed to the following endeavors:
- Building more international and national events while developing and promoting the academic purpose of the auditorium;
- Developing a partnership to showcase not only the School of Music events but local community performing artists and organizations to help them build audience and increase impact;
- Providing partnership opportunities to develop educational outreach programs for both the young and older members of the community;
- Providing a central place for the community to come together to engage in dialogue, celebrate community and experience great performances; and
- Helping increase the impact on the local markets of Flagstaff by bringing in a variety of performances/acts to help add to the economic vitality of Flagstaff.