Faculty Accordion Closed
The Department of Astronomy and Planetary Science at Northern Arizona University invites applications for a tenure-track faculty position at the rank of Assistant Professor, starting August 2023.
We are seeking applicants who will expand the Department’s current expertise into areas that include (but are not limited to) early solar system processes, exoplanets, and/or star and planet formation and protoplanetary disks. Applicants may employ any relevant techniques, including (but not limited to) observational, laboratory, and/or theory.
Candidates must be committed and able to work effectively within an increasingly diverse university community. The successful candidate will be expected to collaborate with current faculty and extend our current research, mentoring, and teaching opportunities in creative directions. Duties will include:
- Teaching at both the undergraduate and graduate levels;
- Building and maintaining a vibrant research program that includes securing external funding, publishing in peer-reviewed journals, and mentoring and advising both undergraduate and graduate students;
- Service to the department, the university, and the broader professional community.
NAU affirms the importance and critical need for diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice (DEIJ) in higher education and we seek to hire an individual with a strong track record of engagement with DEIJ in their professional endeavors. A required part of the application is a one-page DEIJ statement that addresses your values and/or philosophy, accomplishments, experiences, education, and/or training with DEIJ.
See the full HR-description (Job ID: 606756) and apply here.
Graduate Students Accordion Closed
[Internal] Funding for graduate student professional development (Proposals Accepted Anytime)
Click HERE for details.
Professor David Trilling is recruiting graduate students to start in Fall, 2022, related to several projects:
- observations of trans-Neptunian objects with JWST and HST;
- observations ofasteroid compositions with JWST;
- creation and implementation of our LSST Solar System broker (an astroinformatics project);
- experimental astrobiology.
Interested parties may contact him for more information.