Next steps for statewide location students
Complete the checklist below to reserve your space in our incoming class:
1. Confirm your start date
- Confirming your starting term and campus reserves your spot in our incoming class.
2. Submit your final transcripts
- Submit official transcripts from each community college or university you have attended or are currently attending.
- View transfer admission requirements for high school transcript and GED score requirements.
Submit transcripts to:
Northern Arizona University
PO Box 4084
Flagstaff, AZ 86011-4084
3. Apply for financial aid
- Submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as soon as possible after it becomes available each fall. NAU’s priority filing date is April 1.
- Be sure to include NAU institution code 001082.
- Renew it each year to qualify for many types of financial aid.
- Undocumented students who are ineligible to complete the FAFSA can complete the CSS profile using NAU school code 4006.
4. Contact your coordinator
- After you confirm your start date, a coordinator will set up an appointment with an academic advisor to help you enroll.
5. Complete any relevant program applications
- A handful of degree programs require a separate application from the general NAU application for admission. Complete the necessary program applications for admission.
Veteran and active military steps
Connect with the Veteran Success Center
Initiate your military/VA benefits
Follow the steps on the applicable New and Transfer Student checklists. Be sure to go through each step and submit all required documentation.
Check your in-state residency status
If you’re an out-of-state veteran or active duty member, you might be eligible for in-state tuition. Visit Veteran and Military Services for eligibility and to learn how to submit documentation.