Next steps for Flagstaff freshmen
Complete the checklist below to reserve your space in our upcoming class:
1. Accept your offer and pay the enrollment fee
- Paying your enrollment fee secures your spot and allows you to apply for housing. Please allow one business day for payment processing before applying for housing.
- Spring: The enrollment fee is $325 and is refundable until December 1.
- Fall: The enrollment fee is $325 and is refundable until May 1.
2. Set up your NAU email
- Activate your NAU email account and password at nau.edu/password, then access and check your NAU email regularly at gmail.nau.edu. You should also continue to check your personal email account, as well as your LOUIE account regularly for important updates: nau.edu/LOUIE.
3. Apply for financial aid
- Submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as soon as possible after it becomes available each fall. NAU’s priority filing date for first-year students is April 1.
- Be sure to include NAU institution code 001082.
- Renew it each year to qualify for many types of financial aid.
- Undocumented students who are ineligible to complete the FAFSA can complete the CSS profile using NAU school code 4006.
4. Apply for housing
- Please allow one business day for payment processing of your enrollment fee before applying for housing. Room selection is based on the dates you complete both your housing application and Priority Enrollment (see step 6).
- The housing application opens Oct. 1 for the fall semester. The sooner you apply, the more likely you are to get your top choice.
- About 90 percent of first-year students live on campus, and for good reason. Living on campus isn’t just convenient, it sets you up for success by putting you in the center of everything you need.
5. Complete Priority Enrollment
- Fall 2023 Priority Enrollment is currently open. Spring 2024 Priority Enrollment will open July 1, 2023.
- Complete your academic profile in Priority Enrollment. Participate in new student advising to finalize your schedule.
6. Upload important documents
7. Send us your transcripts
- Have final, official high school transcripts sent from your high school.
- Spring deadline: January 5.
- Fall deadline: July 1.
Send all official transcripts to:
Northern Arizona University
PO Box 4084
Flagstaff, AZ 86011-4084