Next steps to enrollment
Once you’ve been admitted to NAU as a Flagstaff transfer student
Complete the checklist below to secure your space in our fall 2023 class.
1. Accept your offer and pay the enrollment fee
- Paying your enrollment fee secures your place in our next class and allows you to register for orientation.
- Spring: The enrollment fee is $250 and is refundable until December 1.
- Fall: The enrollment fee is $250 and is refundable until May 1.
2. Set up your NAU email
- Activate your email account and password at nau.edu/password, then access and check your email regularly at gmail.nau.edu.
3. Send us your transcripts
- Send all official transcripts to:
Northern Arizona University
PO Box 4084
Flagstaff, AZ 86011-4084
- Submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as soon as it becomes available October 1. File by April 1.
- Renew it each year to qualify for many types of financial aid.
- The university’s institution code is 001082.
5. Apply for housing
- Upper-division housing options are available on campus. Learn more about off-campus resources.
6. Complete priority enrollment
- Complete your Priority Enrollment profile and our advising team will reach out to help plan your classes.
8. Upload important documents
9. Connect with your coordinator
- Statewide and Online students should connect with their coordinator.
10. Complete any program applications
- Some degrees require a program application separate from your NAU application.
Explore Transfer scholarships
Veteran and Military Connected Students
For information, guidance, and specific next steps view the Veteran and Military Connected Checklist – your resource for VA benefits, getting connected, academic resources, and more for all military-connected students:
Do you have questions about transferring to NAU?