Next Steps to Enrollment
Once you’ve been admitted to NAU as a Flagstaff freshman
Complete the checklist below to reserve your space in our freshman class.
- Paying your enrollment fee secures your place in our next class and allows you to apply for housing and register for Orientation. Please allow for 1 business day for payment processing before applying for housing.
- Spring: The enrollment fee is $325 and is refundable until December 1.
- Fall: The enrollment fee is $325 and is refundable until May 1.
2. Apply for Housing and Complete Priority Enrollment
- Please allow for 1 business day for payment processing of your enrollment fee before applying for housing. Room selection is based on the dates you complete both your housing application and Priority Enrollment
- The housing application will open at the end of September. We encourage you to apply for housing as soon as you have paid your enrollment fee, since housing is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Nearly 90 percent of first-year students live on campus, and for good reason. Living on campus isn’t just convenient, it sets you up for success by putting you in the center of everything you need.
- Complete your academic profile in Priority Enrollment. Participate in new student advising to finalize your schedule.
- If you have accepted your offer of admission, you will be able to register for an orientation experience. You can choose to come to an in-person orientation session or engage with NAU virtually throughout the summer. In-person orientation is not required, but strongly encouraged. We are excited for you to join the Lumberjack Family!
- Submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as soon as possible after it becomes available October 1.
- Renew it each year to qualify for many types of financial aid.
- The university’s institution code is 001082. NAU’s priority filing date for first-year students is April 1.
5. Submit Transcripts
- Have final official transcripts sent from your high school.
- Spring deadline: January 5.
- Fall deadline: July 1.
- Send to:
- Northern Arizona University, Undergraduate Admissions and Orientation, PO Box 4084, Flagstaff, AZ 86011-4084
6. Send Test Scores (Optional)
- ACT (school code 0086), SAT (school code 4006)
Veteran and Military Connected Students
For information, guidance, and specific next steps view the Veteran and Military Connected Checklist – your resource for VA benefits, getting connected, academic resources, and more for all military-connected students: • firstname.lastname@example.org • (928) 523-VETS(8387)
Do you have questions about next steps as a NAU Freshman?
928-523-5511 • email@example.com