Next Steps to Enrollment
Once you’ve been admitted to NAU as a Flagstaff freshman
Complete the checklist below to reserve your space in our freshman class.
- Paying your enrollment deposit secures your place in our next class and allows you to apply for housing and register for Orientation. Please allow for 1 business day for payment processing before applying for housing.
- We’re making the next step in your education easier than ever. Our offer is simply this: you can make your commitment right now to becoming a Lumberjack without paying one single dime. This means that rather than paying your $350 enrollment deposit out of pocket now, your deposit will be applied to your fall account. To accept your offer and take advantage to postpone your enrollment deposit, call 888-628-2968.
- Spring: The enrollment deposit is $350 and is refundable until December 1.
- Fall: The enrollment deposit is $350 and is refundable until June 1.
2. Apply for Housing and Complete Priority Enrollment
- Please allow for 1 business day for payment processing of your enrollment deposit before applying for housing. Room selection is based on the dates you complete both your housing application and Priority Enrollment
- The housing application opens September 1. We encourage you to apply for housing as soon as you have paid your enrollment deposit, since housing is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Nearly 90 percent of first-year students live on campus, and for good reason. Living on campus isn’t just convenient, it sets you up for success by putting you in the center of everything you need.
- We strongly recommend that all new students live on campus, however should you choose not to live with us, $100 of your $350 enrollment deposit will be credited to your student account.
- Complete your academic profile in Priority Enrollment, which opens as early as September. You will be placed in classes and finalize your schedule at Orientation.
- Registration opens October 1.
- Submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as soon as possible after it becomes available October 1.
- Renew it each year to qualify for many types of financial aid.
- The university’s institution code is 001082. NAU’s priority filing date for first-year students is November 15.
5. Submit Transcripts
- Have final official transcripts sent from your high school.
- Spring deadline: January 5.
- Fall deadline: July 1.
- Send to:
- Northern Arizona University, Undergraduate Admissions and Orientation, PO Box 4084, Flagstaff, AZ 86011-4084
6. Send Test Scores
- ACT (school code 0086), SAT (school code 4006)
Do you have questions about next steps as a NAU Freshman?
888-628-2968 • firstname.lastname@example.org