Next Steps to Enrollment
Once you’ve been admitted to NAU as a Flagstaff freshman
Complete the checklist below to reserve your space in our freshman class.
- Paying your enrollment deposit secures your place in our next class and allows you to apply for housing and register for Orientation. Please allow for 1 business day for payment processing before applying for housing.
- Spring: The enrollment deposit is $250 and is refundable until December 1.
- Fall: The enrollment deposit is $250 and is refundable until May 1.
2. Apply for Housing and Complete Priority Enrollment
- Please allow for 1 business day for payment processing of your enrollment deposit before applying for housing. Room selection is based on the dates you complete both your housing application and Priority Enrollment
- The housing application will open at the end of September. We encourage you to apply for housing as soon as you have paid your enrollment deposit, since housing is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Nearly 90 percent of first-year students live on campus, and for good reason. Living on campus isn’t just convenient, it sets you up for success by putting you in the center of everything you need.
- Complete your academic profile in Priority Enrollment, which opens as early as September. You will be placed in classes and finalize your schedule at Orientation.
If you have accepted your offer of admission, you will be auto-registered in the summer 2021 virtual orientation experience. There is no additional step for Orientation at this time. In mid-May 2021, check your email for updated information. We will go into detail on how you will be able to engage virtually throughout the summer.
- Submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as soon as possible after it becomes available October 1.
- Renew it each year to qualify for many types of financial aid.
- The university’s institution code is 001082. NAU’s priority filing date for first-year students is November 15.
5. Submit Transcripts
- Have final official transcripts sent from your high school.
- Spring deadline: January 5.
- Fall deadline: July 1.
- Send to:
- Northern Arizona University, Undergraduate Admissions and Orientation, PO Box 4084, Flagstaff, AZ 86011-4084
6. Send Test Scores (Optional)
- ACT (school code 0086), SAT (school code 4006)
Veteran and Military Connected Students
For information, guidance, and specific next steps view the Veteran and Military Connected Checklist – your resource for VA benefits, getting connected, academic resources, and more for all military-connected students: • email@example.com • (928) 523-VETS(8387)
Do you have questions about next steps as a NAU Freshman?
928-523-5511 • firstname.lastname@example.org