Join our legacy of success
New online UB application procedure
Students must be a high school freshmen enrolled at one of the following target high schools: Coconino HS, Flagstaff HS, Williams HS, and Winslow HS.
- Complete and submit online 2021-2022 Upward Bound Application
- Both English and Spanish online 2021-2022 Upward Bound Application is available.
Prior to working on the online 2021-2022 Upward Bound application, have the following documents ready to be uploaded:
- Copy of parents/guardians completed 2020 federal income taxes, pages 1-2 (Tax forms must be signed.)
- Copy of student’s Social Security Card
- Copy of student’s Certificate of Indian Blood (CIB), if applicable
- Copy of student’s 8th grade transcript/report card
- Prepare your typed responses to the three student essay questions (300 words each):
- Introduce yourself, your family, and share your personal interest(s).
- What are your academic goals and future plans?
- What obstacles may you encounter when enrolling, attending, and graduating from college? How will you overcome these challenges?
- Prepare your typed responses to the three parent essay questions (300 words each):
- How would you describe your child, and their academic strengths and weaknesses?
- How have you helped your child be successful when it comes to their education?
- How much support can we expect from you in regards to your student’s involvement in the Upward Bound program?
- You will need to provide an email address for one Teacher/Counselor. An evaluation form will be sent directly to your Teacher/Counselor.
Application priority due date (Extended): Sunday, January 16 @ 11:59AM
For additional information, email UpwardBound@nau.edu or contact us at 928-523-8574.