Flinn Scholars Awards
Flinn Scholars Awards
Amount: Covers 100 percent of tuition for four consecutive academic years; does not cover fees. Room and Board for one year and $1000 stipend provided for the first for two years of attendance. Additional tuition costs greater than the amount originally awarded that result from excess hours are the student’s responsibility. For example: students who come to NAU with dual enrollment credits may reach the 145 credit limit sooner and must pay the difference in tuition costs.
Selection/How to Apply: Be designated as one of the following by the Flinn Foundation:
- Flinn Semi-Finalist
- Flinn Finalist
- Flinn Scholar
Multiple scholarship awards: This award can be cannot be combined with other tuition scholarships.
Required of all scholarships unless noted otherwise in individual award elements.
- Citizenship: Students must meet Arizona Proposition 300 Public Program eligibility requirements.
- First Degree: May only be used for a student’s first baccalaureate degree.
- Tuition Only: Covers 100 percent of tuition for eight semesters: does not cover fees or other expenses.
- Deadline: The offer of admission to the university must be accepted and the enrollment deposit must be paid by May 1 for the following academic year. Certain exceptions may allow this deadline to be extended to June 1. The award must be used beginning in the fall of the year following designation as a Flinn Semifinalist, Flinn Finalist and Flinn Scholar.
- Students are considered for these awards upon the submission of the appropriate documentation required by each specific award. A separate application is not required.
- These awards are not applicable to attendance through Online Community Campuses or the Personalized Learning Program.
- Renewable for four consecutive academic years, applied to the fall and spring semesters only, provided the student meets the renewal criteria each year.
- Maintain a minimum 3.0 GPA .
- Maintain full-time course enrollment.
- Complete enough credit hours each academic year to progress to the next academic level (30 credits to be a sophomore; 60 credits to be a junior; 90 credits to be a senior).
Note: Repeated courses do not count toward the academic level progression requirement.
- If you have circumstances preventing you from meeting any of the renewal criteria, submit a Scholarship Reinstatement Request by the priority date for the applicable semester. Submission of this request does not guarantee award reinstatement.